11. You can't just do that!

Ethan asked if I could have Lindsey for at least another day. He had much more work then he though, but of course, I want that little one for one more day. She is so adorable, but on the third day. It took her almost two hours before she fell asleep.

Lucky enough, Devin came four in the middle of the night. I have no idea what she was doing before that, but she made Lindsey sleep again with her amazing voice. Now, Devin is in my room sleeping, while Lindsey and I am lying on the blanket on the floor enjoying the sun that is shining through the window. It's been weeks since I saw it and the warmth is just heaven. Still, its cold outside, but here it's warm.

After a while, there is a knock on the front door.

"That must be your dad." I smile to Lindsey before I get up on my feet. Opening the door for my older brother. He seems better now. His shoulders are low, his hair short hair is not that messy and that dark color are now gone from underneath his eyes.

"Hi, little sis." Ethan grin before pulling me into a tight hug.
"How is she?" He asks as she let me go and find his way over to his daughter.

"She is fine." I smile as I stand next to him. He picks up his little girl with the brightest smile he could ever wear.

"Did she sleep well?" Ethan asks now worried.

"Yeah," I nod.

"She actually did, because...." I stop talking by the sound of my bedroom door opening. I see the younger girl rubbing her eyes, but my eyes widen as I realize that she is wearing my shirt and sweatpants that are hanging very low on her hips. A little too low as she stretches out with a big yawn, exposing her abdomen, which is also covered in tattoos, just like her arms and legs. Her hair is messy, and she seems still very tired. Then she freezes as she notices that we are staring at her. I have to hide my smile as I see her cheeks turn red. I look to Ethan, and he is not sure how to think of this.

"Yes, Lindsey did sleep, because of her." I smile as I look back at Devin, who is now itching the side of her head in confusion.

"Oh." Ethan says, still not sure how to respond.

"This is Devin, she is," I watch Devin raise her eyebrow, waiting for what is about to come out of my mouth. Even I am not sure what to call her.

"She just comes here sometimes." I tell Ethan and I can see Devin raise her eyebrows up and then down. My brother raises his eyebrow to me, suspecting something. I just roll my eyes as I find Lindsey's stuff and lay the bag over Ethan's shoulder.

"Well, thank you for taking care of her. He kisses the top of his daughter's head.

"It was good to get some work done." Ethan smile and I return it.

"No problem, just tell me when you need me to take care for her next times as well." I tell him as I stroke my niece's cheek.

"That sounds good." He smiles and then give a nod to Devin, who is still standing there uncomfortable.

"Bye." He says before he kisses my cheek and then step out the door.

"Who said you could steal my clothes?" I burst out as I turn to Devin. She almost jumped in her place. Devin raises her eyebrow.

"Your closet." She answer rolling her eyes as she steps over to the bathroom, but I block her way.

"Why did you come in the middle of the night?" I ask annoyed that she came knocking so late, even though I was awake and she made Lindsey fall asleep.

"I was done with work." She says, pushing me to her side and close the bathroom door behind me with a bang. I sigh loudly, but also clench my teeth by the thought of her horrible job. I hate it so much, even though I can't see it, but just thinking about what that young girl is making my blood boil in my body.

Devin might be an ass sometimes, but she deserves so much better. She is young and still learning. I guess she must have dropped out of school. I don't know when, but I would wish if she just started again. Devin would probably not want to, and that is not a surprise, but she needs to. She can't work like this for the rest of her life, because she simply can't.

Devin comes out of the bathroom after a short while. I watch her sit down next to me on the couch still wearing my clothes. Then she pulls all of my plugs as she put her feet on my table. I kick her under her leg, which makes her turn to me in annoyance. I raise my eyebrow. She sighs in defeat. I don't know why, but she seems very grumpy today. It might have been that she came here so late.

"So," I start, ruining the awkward silence.

"Why don't you attend school?" I wonder, and I watch as Devin looks the other way to avoid my gaze.

"Mind your own business." She mutter and then sighs as she shake her head, but that does not stop me from continuing.

"No, I just want to get to know you." I smile, but she just keeps on ignoring me.

"Fine." I mutter as I get out of the couch and step into my bedroom, laying down on my bed. I need some sleep after all the hours I lost, because of Lindsey, but I really enjoyed spending time with her. I hope there will be more. I close my eyes after a yawn.

"Oh my god!" I shout in anger after waking up with a hand on my boob again. I feel Devin stumble behind me and fall on the floor. She rubs her head as I look down at her.

"You can't just do that!" I say angry as she looks at me and then roll her eyes. Devin stands up, while fixing her hair.

"You don't have to be so angry all the time." She mutter.

"Angry?" I ask in fury as I get out of my bed to stand in front of the shorter girl.

"I am allowed to be angry! You are breaking every boundary and rule in this damn world, Devin! Your life is a mess!" I shout, but sigh as I realize what the last thing I said. Devin is standing in front of me, motionless. She is just breathing as she clench her teeth. I think she is trying to control her anger. Something I am perfectly not good at.

"Um," She itches the back of her neck.

"You didn't really need to tell me that." She says. Even try to smile, before she step out of my bedroom. I sigh of my own stupidity.

"Devin." I call her name is I get into the living room, but she shut the front door lightly before I can reach her. I move my hand through my blond hair, feeling so awful for what I just did to her. Worst of all was that she was so calm, but it might be the look of hurt all over her face. I hurt her repeatedly with my stupid mouth.

I lay my hands over my face as guilty is flowing through me. Devin was so nice, helping me with Lindsey and I just treat Devin like shit afterwards. I hope I didn't hurt her so much that she is not going to come here again. She might drive me insane, but I can't but worry when she is not here.