10. How did you do that?

I smile as I lay my niece on the blanket on the floor. She is enjoying herself as she plays with her bunny. Well, it was actually mine, when I was little and I found it in one of the boxes on my old bedroom.

I thought it was nice to give it to her, but I hope one day that I would give it to my own child or children. But for now, it's nice to see Lindsey with it. I lay down on the floor watching her with a smile, until the door to my apartment door opens.

I meet blue eyes, but they turn confused as she looks down at Lindsey. Devin seems speechless for a moment as she points at the baby girl.

"I-is it yours?" She asks almost in shock, and I burst out in laughter, literary rolling on the floor. She looked so scared, but now she is annoyed. I smile as I stand up with Lindsey in my arms.

"No," I step to Devin as she closes the door.

"She is my brother's." I smile and Devin breath out in relief, which makes me annoyed now.

"She could have been mine." I mutter. Devin's eyes widen again.

"I-I thought you were..." She stops and I narrow my eyes confused for a moment, but then roll my eyes.

"You thought I was gay?" I ask offended. Devin just sucks on her lower lip to hide her foolishness, staring at the baby girl in my arms.

"Well, I'm not." I say and I smile as she shrink a little lower than she is.

"I'm Bi." I chuckle as I step over to the blanket and lie Lindsey back down with her bunny. I can see that Devin is smiling from where she is standing, but I am not going to comment on that. It would lead to a discussion that is only going to lead to fighting. I don't want that, especially when there is a baby girl here.

"There is food in the fridge." I say as I lay next to Lindsey, watching her. I listen to all of the sounds Devin is making as she is searching for food. Not long after she sits down on the couch.

"No feet on my table." I say firmly and I hear her snort.

"Yes, mom." She comment and I roll my eyes of her words.

"Andi?" I open my eyes by the sound of my name, but panic, as I can't see Lindsey in front of me. I stand up in a rush, looking around with my tired eyes, but only finding Devin.

"She is in your bedroom. I put her to bed and then came to wake you." She smile lightly and I breathe out in relief, rubbing my eyes.

"Thank you." I say gratefully.

"It's fine," She shrugs.

"Is it okay if I sleep on your couch?" She wonder. I snort with a nod.

"Sure, just don't put your..."

"Feet on the table, I know." She rolls her eyes as she finds her way to my couch. I smile to myself as I step into my bedroom.

I wake up to a screaming baby voice and I try to get out of the bed, but stumble in my duvet and fall down on the floor. When I find my footing I stand up, picking up Lindsey trying to calm her, but she just won't stop. Now I know how my parents had it with Jace when he was a baby. Mom said it took weeks before I could make him sleep right, only because of a stupid song.

After a few minutes, there comes a knock on the door and I see Devin peek in worried.

"Is everything okay?" She wonders as she steps in, and I sigh.

"Yeah, she just won't be quiet."

"Let me." She smile, I watch her for a moment. Not sure if I trust the younger girl, but I shrug it off as I know she brought her to bed without any problem.

Devin reach for her and I hand her over, still unsure, but I would do anything to make Lindsey stop crying. Devin smiles as she steps out the door shaking the little girl. I just sit down on the bed, taking a deep breath, trying to calm myself down.

Not long after my eyes widen as I hear Devin sing, and she can actually sing. Her voice is beautiful. I don't know what song it is, but it's soothing. I grin as the crying stops and I step into the living room. Watching Devin holds Lindsey in her arms, shaking her, while singing. I shake my head in amazement.

"How did you do that?" I whisper as I sit down next to her.

"I had a sister and it always worked with her." She whispers back. My eyes widen in shock.

"Had?" I wonder worried and Devin avoids my gaze as she looks back down at the baby girl.

"Yeah," She narrow her eyes in anger.

"They took Kelly away from me." Devin says. I watch her clenching her teeth multiply of times, and then swallow hard. I think she is trying to hide the fact that she wants to cry.

"Who took her away from you?" I ask as I wrap my arm around her back, leaning my head on her shoulder.

"C-child care," She answer and I can feel her body trembling.

"My mom died after Kelly was born, and dad didn't handle it very well... they took her some few months ago." She explains and try to take a soundless, deep breath.

"I am sorry." I say as I rub my eye, feeling tears try to find their way out of my eyes.

"I loved her so much, and then just three years later they took her away from me." Devin tells and sniff.

"Here." She hand me Lindsey, who is now sleeping quietly, thanks to Devin.

"Thank you so much." I smile as I lean in to kiss her cheek. I chuckle a little as I stand up, watching the stunned look on her face.

"Goodnight." I say before stepping over to my bedroom. I look at Devin and still she seems amazed after that little kiss I gave on her cheek. I roll my eyes of the view, before walking back into my room to put the baby girl down in her crib and then I jump into my own bed. Smiling to myself of the thought of Devin.