20. You left me

Robert has taken me to a nice restaurant. The dimmed lights make it so cozy and the food was great. We have been talking a lot since we came here. I have learned that he owns his own carpentry firm and that he only lives a few blocks away from me. No wonder we meet each other again. He lived in New York for a couple of years, before deciding to come back home. Robert said he missed this town a lot and I don't blame him. I have never lived anywhere, but here.

"So how are you?" He smile as he pushes his brown hair back.

"I'm good. Enjoying my work as a teacher and just taking it easy." I answer short and he nods.

"And Jace?" He asks.

"He is living the dream." I smile

"Still drumming away with his band?" Robert wonder laughing. I nod with a grin.

"Yeah, he was awesome to hang around with." He chuckles before taking a sip from his glass of water. I look at the clock on my phone. It's been almost three hours, which has never happened before. I take that as I am having fun.

"I need to take a call." I smile to him and nods as I stand up finding my way into the bathroom. Calling, Devin if she is okay. She was in a horrible mood before I left. So I am a little worried.

"Hello?" Devin answer.

"Are you okay..." I drift off by the sound of music and a lot of shouting in the background.

"What?" Devin yell at the other end.

"Are you having a party in my apartment?" I ask angrily.

"No, I am at a party." She corrects me and I hear a girl in the background calling Devin's name to follow her.

"I need to go." Devin laugh in the phone.
"NO! Devin!" I shout, trying to stop her.

"What?" She ask and I hear the other girl's laugh.

"Where are you?" I sigh as I rub my forehead with my hand. She is just full of problems. Just when I thought, she was getting her life on track. She just goes out to a party.

"I don't know. Let me ask." I wait for her to come back with an answer so I can drive there and drag her ass home. I am so tired of her shit. Every time I am gone she just has to go and ruin my time. Devin gives me the address and I step back to Robert telling him that I have to go and saying goodbye.

I put my butt down in the car and start driving in fury to pick up the younger girl. Every goddamn time! She just, have to go and do something stupid. It's not the stupidity that is finding her, but that she is looking for it and even when she knows it is foolish.

Ten minutes I park the car in front of a house, where the music is so loud that you could have heard it miles away. I rush towards the front door, which is open. The smells of smoke and alcohol makes my stomach turn. The changing light and the smoke, dose it hard for me to see anything. I push through the dancing crowd, looking for any sign of the brown haired. No matter where I look I can't see her.

"Dammit, Devin!" I mutter as I run up the stairs. Searching the bathroom, and some few bedrooms. I find her after door number three. Lying on the bed with her face down in the pillow only in her pants and bra. A blond girl is lying next to her under the duvet, hiding her exposed body.

"What the hell?" She says as she watches me. I roll my eyes on my way to get Devin out of the bed, but stop in my place, as I smell something. Trying to find out what it is. I look around the room and I feel the fury in my body as I find something I thought was a cigarette for a moment, but it is something completely else, drugs. I growl in my place as I step over to the knocked out girl.