25. You are a little shy

Devin is lying half-asleep with her head resting on my lap, while we are watching TV. She has been doing well after she got some help at her school. Devin might come home later than usual, but she gets help with her homework, so she does not need to do them at home. Which makes her so happy and she hasn't had a rage outburst since the last time. Devin starts to make circles over my knee and it feels nice. I love the soft way she touches me. Even if it's on my butt. She just has to put her hands on me.

"It's just tomorrow and then it's Christmas vacation." I say, while I start moving my fingers over the shaved spot on the side of her head.

"I know," She yawn.

"I can't wait to sleep and just sleep some more." She laugh and I do it with her, but then stop as I need to tell her something important.

"Devin, I am not going to be here," Devin sits up with anger in her eyes, which makes me cup her cheeks.

"I always go home to my parents for Christmas. So either you go home to your dad or you can come with me." I smile lightly to her. Devin swallows hard as she looks down, thoughtful.

"You want this mess to meet your family?" She asks, raising her eyebrow and I can see all over her face that she doesn't think she is good enough for that.

"You are my mess, remember?" I chuckle, but Devin just rolls her eyes as she shakes her head.

"Devin, you are amazing, just the way you are." I promise her. She wrinkles her cheek. I grab her legs and move her to sit down on my lap and lean my forehead on hers.

"It would mean the world to me if you came with me." I smile to her. Still, she just seems very unsure.

"I don't think," She looks at her tattooed arms.

"They would like me that much." She says sorry as she pulls her shirt exposing more tattoos on her collarbones. I don't know why she is so scared, I think they look beautiful on her. Just like everything else. Her sweet smile, her cold blue eyes and the cute piercing in her eyebrow. God, who am I falling for?

"Of course they would." I laugh softly.

"Then why did your brother look at me so weird?" She asks with a raised my eyebrow.

"Devin, you came out of my bedroom in my cloths and stretching out." I laugh and Devin's cheeks turn red. She is so adorable when she is embarrassed.

"Anyone who was standing there would have looked at you like that." I say chuckling as Devin leans her face on my shoulder.

"It's what makes you so cute." I grin as I wrap my arms around her back.

"They won't like me." She mumble on my shirt.

"Baby, they would love you. Trust me."

"Devin? Are you ready?" I call from the living room, waiting for her to come so we can drive to the house I grew up in. My brothers are all going to be there and I look so forward to see my twin brother Jace again. I haven't seen him for months and I miss that face.

"Devin?" I say again as she is not coming. I sigh as I throw my bag on the floor and find my way into the bedroom. I roll my eyes as I see her lying under the duvet.

"Baby, it will all be fine, Okay?" I say as I lay down next to her in bed and drag on the cover to see her, but she turns around to bury her face in the pillow.

"No, it will not be okay." She mumbled and I snort as I push her hair to the right side.

"Yes, it will."

"No," She shakes her head.

"They will hate me." She say which makes my heart drop down in my stomach.

"Hey!" I shout angry as I turn her to the side to meet her eyes.

"Devin! You are wonderful! They will love you, because I love you." I tell her, which cause her eyes to widen and she looks at me as she turns, but then she rushes up and wrap her arms around my neck.

"I can't breathe, baby." I say out of breath, but she just keeps on holding onto me for her dear life.

"I love you so much." She says, leaning back planting kisses all over my face. I watch her in shock and confusion, but then smile as I see the one across her face.

"They still won't like me," Devin says rolling her eyes.

"I mean, look at me." She says, staring down at her tattooed body.

"I am." I smile lightly look at the beautiful girl in front of me. She is so gorgeous that I can't stop looking at her. I love her dark brown hair that looks messy sometimes. Just the way she is, but that is what I love about her.

"I love you, Devin and I know my family would too. Remember, I have two moms and two adopted brothers. My family is weird and we embrace the weirdness." I laugh, which cause Devin to snort.

"So come on. Don't be so shy." I chuckle as I push her down in the bed and pin her hands down in the bed.

"I'm not shy." She argues angrily, wrinkling her cheek.

"You are a little shy." I grin. Devin sigh as she shake her head.

"I love you," I lean down to kiss her forehead.

"Shy girl." I mumble on her forehead.