34. I love the both of you

When we came home, Devin just laid down in bed with the duvet over her head, meaning only one thing. She wants to be alone. Kelly has tried everything to make her sister come out of there, but nothing works. Kelly is grumpy too. I think we all are now, but I might be more worried. I am not angry, as I was when I went to the school. All I want to know is what happened.

I look down at Kelly as she finds her way over to me on the couch. Curling up next to me with a yawn. I lay my arm around her. It's a nice way to comfort each other, but I think she needs to go to bed soon. It's getting late and still Devin is hiding in my room.

"Let's make you some food and then brush your teeth, okay?" I smile and she nods as she jumps out off the couch. I make her a sandwich and then step into the bedroom.

"Devin?" I say lightly as I sit down on the bed next to her. Then I drag off the duvet, and I smile as I see her sleeping. I lean down to kiss her cheek, slowly.

"I love you, Devin. And you can tell me anything." I whisper and kiss her cheek again. I step out of the bed and back into the living room. Kelly is done, eating so I follow her into the bathroom to help her to brush her teeth.

"Devin is sleeping so we have to be quiet." I say as I find my own toothbrush. Why not just go to bed when everyone else is?

"Okay." She nods with toothpaste all over her face. I can't but laugh of the view. I find some paper to take it away. When we are done, I put my finger to my lips to remind her to be quiet. Then she follows me into the bedroom, lying next to her sister and me next to Kelly, who takes the little tiger she got for Christmas and snuggle into it.

"I love you, Levin." Kelly whisper, then she turns around to me with a smile.

"I love you too, Andi." She says to me as well. My eyes widen, surprised, but I cup her cheek to kiss her forehead.

"I love you too, Kelly."

"I love the both of you." Kelly and I jump by the sound of Devin's voice, turning to us as she lay her arm over her little sister and me. Still, her eyes are closed. I smile as I lay my hand over her arm, making us embrace the tiny girl who is lying between us.

Then Kelly and I snort lightly by the cute sound of Devin's snoring. I love these girls so much and I would never ever let them go.

I wake up the strangest thing ever. A little girl lying with her head on my stomach and her feet over Devin's belly. My girl is smiling next to me, and seems as unsure as I am to what to do. I brush the hair away from Kelly's face.

"I think we need a second bed." Devin whisper.

"I know, but there is no place for it." I say sadly. I really don't mind having Kelly on our bed, but waking up in the middle of the night with a hit or a kick is not really that fun anymore. Devin seems thoughtful as she looks at her little sister.

"We need to do something. Kelly needs her own bed." I say and listen to Devin sigh.

"I know."