19. It's not easy

"Devin?" I call her name after waking up. Still with her hand all over my boob.

"We need to get up or you and I will be late." I chuckle as I brush her hair behind her ear. Devin stretches out with a big yawn, before she opens her eyes to look at me.

"Almost two weeks and you still struggle to wake up in the mornings." I smile and Devin snort lightly.

"It's not easy." She yawns again and close her eyes.

"Come on." I laugh as I hit her cheek lightly before getting out of the bed. Taking some clothes out of my closet and step into the bathroom, but when I come out again, Devin is nowhere to be seen.

"Dammit." I mutter as rush into my bedroom.

"DEVIN!" I shout loud, which makes her fall down on the floor.

"I'm awake." She says as she stand on her feet with an innocent smile. I laugh to myself as I step into the kitchen to make some breakfast, while Devin get into the bathroom. I don't intend to make something big today. I can feel that staying up late in the evenings helping Devin with her homework is taking my energy.

She has so much to do, because she lies a little behind. Devin has two big assignments to deliver in. One in English history and one in science, She has two weeks, which is not much for what she has to write. To my surprise, she enjoys history so she can actually do that one her own, but science. Oh god. It's like explaining a blind person how the sky looks like.

I am not kidding. She so not understand it at all. Can't blame her though. I hated it as well, but still I got it. Maybe she just needs some more help at school. I can probably talk to the principle. Miss. Banks's seems kind and willingly to listen and help her students. The question is if Devin is willing to accept the help. She is so damn stubborn when it comes to that.

"I'm ready." I hear Devin yawn.

"Who are you dressing for?" I chuckle and she looks down at her clothes. Which is black tight jeans, a black sweatshirt and a leather jacket.

"Myself?" She answer confused, but shake it off as she comes and steal one of the sandwiches I am making. Her long hair is lying on the right side as always, which exposed the shaved spot on the left side.

I stop the car in front of Devin's school. Watching Devin staring out the window. The only tattoos that are shown are those on her fingers and throat. I don't know, but I think she tries to hide them. Even though it is not that easy. Seems like she wants to cover the fact that she is older than the others. She is embarrassed about that she is nineteen and while the others in her classes are seventeen.

"I will pick you up after school, alright?" I say and she nods.

"I see you later." I smile before she step out the car with no words to say. I watch her walking with her head low, trying to hide herself from everyone's gaze as she finds the way inside.

Sighing, I start driving to work. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the fact that she is feeling so down and that she think they all are looking at her as if she is a loser. Maybe they do, but Devin should not care. What she is doing is important for her future and she will not regret it when she gets older. She needs to see that, not what she is seeing right now.

After work, I went to buy some groceries, where I met Robert. We went to high school together and he asked me out as a friendly reunion. I couldn't really say no, when he asked so nicely. He hasn't changed much, same brown hair, but his voice sounds deeper than I remembered. It was nice to see him again, and that I am going to see him again tomorrow. I look forward to hear what he has to say and how much that has actually changed in his life.

I park the car in front of the high school waiting for Devin to show up, which she does not long after. When she sits down in his seat, I notice that she is not in a really good mood. So, I just keep my mouth shut as I start driving us home. Waiting for her to say something, but five minutes later she falls asleep. I guess this is a bad day. I shut off the car and Devin wakes up rubbing her eyes.

"You okay?" I ask worried. Devin nods as she stretch out and then step out the door. I follow her inside my apartment. Devin just step over to the couch and fall down to sleep. I just let her. I feel bad enough to change everything about her life. Even though it is for her best. We can do her homework afterwards. I don't want her to be tired and grumpier than she already is.