24. I like the way you are

Devin is upset, because she has a math test tomorrow. She is struggling a lot with that subject. Now she is in my bedroom, lying under the duvet, hiding from me. Because she was so angry with herself for not understanding or finding the right answer. She was so irritated that she actually started to cry. I didn't know that her dyslexia, made her so frustrated. It can't be easy, to try so hard over and over again and just fail all the time.

No, wonder why she stopped going to school. I was sitting next to her watching her for fifteen minutes just to find one answer. Devin got so angry that she threw the book across the living room and run into the bedroom in a fury. I think I have to go to the school tomorrow and talk to Miss. Banks about Devin's issues. She needs extra help. We can't sit up all night like we are doing now with her homework. It's too much for the both of us. It might cause Devin to stay a little longer at school, but at least she gets some professional help and not from a teacher for second graders.

"Devin? Baby?" I say as I step into my bedroom, watching her lying under my duvet.

"No." She just answers. I find my way over to the bed and lay down next to her.

"Devin, come on."

"No, I am done with this shit. I can't understand it," She sit up as she push the duvet off herself.

"No matter how much I try, it's all wrong. I can't do it right, Andi. Everything I do ends up wrong..." I cup her cheeks firm to make her stop talking and look her straight in her gorgeous blue eyes.

"Devin, baby. Don't push yourself so much. It's okay that it's hard. Nothing about this is your fault. Some people use longer time to learn something than others and that is totally okay, baby." I explain, but Devin just rolls her eyes.

"I will talk to your principal tomorrow and ask for someone to help you, okay?" I say.

"It would be better if you asked me for a new brain." She mumbled and I laugh as I take my hands off her face.

"No, Devin," I lay my arms over her shoulder to lean my forehead on hers.

"I like the way you are. Don't change that." I say and she nods.

"I'll promise you that, if you do the same." She smile.

"Of course I will." I promise before I kiss her forehead.

I park the car at Devin's school. As usually, Devin is staring nervously at the other students. Devin tries to smile to me, before she steps out of the car. We walk side by side until I steal the tattooed girl's hand in mine. Devin's cheeks turn with a hint of red and I stop us as we step into the school hallways.

"What is it?" I ask, chuckling.

"Nothing." She says shaking her head and keep us moving through the hallway. Every time someone looks at us, Devin looks further down on the ground, which worries me.

"Hey," I say softly as I stop her and look into her blue eyes.

"What is it Devin? You can tell me you know." I smile, but she just looks around.

"Are you still worried about that age thing?" I ask firmly. Still, Devin just avoids my question. She usually answers me when I am strict.

"Hey," I say before I lay my arms over her shoulder to lean my forehead on hers.

"Less than two years and you are out of here," She nods with her sad blue eyes.

"And as long as you go here, you can always come home to me." I smile, which makes her snort.

"You just need to look at the all of the good sides, okay?" I say and not long after she nods lightly as a bright smile comes across her face.

"Okay." She takes my hand in hers and I follow Devin to her class.

"I see you later," I lean in to plant a fast kiss on her lips.

"And I will pick you up." I say, but Devin shakes her head.

"I want to go and check on my dad after school, if that is okay?" She asks and I snort.

"Of course it is okay, Devin." I say and Devin smile before she lean in to put her lips on mine for a short moment.

"Thank you." She mumble against my lips. We say goodbye before I look for Miss. Bank's office. I knock on her door and enter as she said I could come in.

"Hi." I smile and close the door behind me.

"Oh, Hi." She smile and tell me sit down in the chair in front of her. She wonders why I am here and I explain her about Devin's problems. With what she is struggling with and that, she might need less homework, because of her struggle. It's too much for that poor thing, and she can't sit up in the middle of the night. It's not healthy for someone that is working so hard, but still use so many hours on just one subject.

"I can see what I can do." She smile.

"Devin just needs more time to understand than most, and that frustrates her a lot." I sigh of how many times she has been angry with herself for not following. Miss. Banks smile and nods.

"Well, I am going to find out how and what we can do to help her." She says and that friendly smile on her face makes me trust her words.

"How does she really do?" I ask and the older woman takes a big sigh.

"I can't really tell you, since you are not her mother and that she is over eighteen." She say and I roll my eyes of myself.

"Of course you can't," I snort.

"But is she doing well then?" I ask this time.

"Yes, she is doing well." She smile and I nod with a smile.

"That's nice to hear." I say as I stand up from the chair and we both shake hands as we say goodbye. As I get out of the door a hand, grabs mine and I smile as Devin lay her arms over my shoulders.

"Hi, you." I look into those beautiful happy eyes.

"Hi." She whisper before she lean in to put her soft lips on mine. Moving them so desperately on mine that I almost stumble back.

"Hey," I chuckle as I push back lightly.

"Are you okay?" I wonder and she nods with a big grin.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just really wanted a kiss." She smile teasingly.

"Well, you got one," I laugh as I take her arms off my shoulder.

"You need to go back to class now and I have to go to work." I say, which cause her to sigh as she roll her eyes.

"I know," She wraps her arms around my back.

"I love you." Devin says before she steal a kiss and leave me, standing here frozen. I know she has said it before, but still it gets to me.