33. Where is Levin?

I wake up as I feel someone lie down in the bed and wrap an arm around me from behind. I take a big breath as I stretch out.

"You need to get up or we will be late." Devin whisper in my ear and I smile of the beautiful sound of it.

"No." I mumble as I turn around laying my arm around her to bury my face in her chest.

"You have to baby," She chuckle, brushing my blond hair behind my ear.

"Kelly helped me to make breakfast and she is very excited for you to come." My eyes snap wide open with a big grin. Usually I am the first one up and make breakfast for everyone.

"Then what are we waiting for?" I ask as I roll over Devin and out of the bed, listening to her laugh. I grab her hand and drag her after me into the living room. Seeing a big smile come on Kelly's face as she sees me.

"We made breakfast!" She says, so proud as she looks all over the island.

"Yeah, it look and smell so good." I grin as I sit down next to the tiny girl. Watching the table full with food. I smile as I mess with Kelly's brown hair. She crinkles her nose, of annoyance, but smile as I give her a side hug. Then Devin sits next to me, and I kiss her cheek before we start eating.

After breakfast, I got dressed and we found our way to the car to drive Kelly to the preschool. I think she likes it there, because she don't really want to go home when we pick her up, but the mornings, is a nightmare. She doesn't want to stay, and now I watch Devin struggle to convince her little sister that we will be back. Maybe that is why Kelly doesn't want us to go, because she doesn't think we will come back. I mean, she was taken away from her family with the thought she would never see them again, but here she is.

"Kelly, we will come back, I promise." Devin sighs as the tiny girl is holding her around the neck. Devin can't get her off. Not sure if this is funny or worrying.

"Kelly," I pull her of Devin and sit down on the floor. Looking into her eyes.

"Devin and I will come to get you, okay? We have done it every day for weeks now, and we will still do it, because we love you." I smile, but she just keeps on pouting.

"Kelly, I promise if you stop being scared..."

"I'm not scared." She says annoyed, which cause me to laugh. She is just like her older sister.

"It's okay to be scared, Devin is scared sometimes too." I whisper and it makes her chuckle.

"I heard that." Devin mutter.

"We will come back, okay?" I say. She nods happily now, and I sit here in shocked after she just kissed my cheek. Then run to the other kids.

"Babe?" Devin says worried as she takes my hand to help me up to my feet. I look at her stunned.

"You okay?" She asks, confused, and I nod as I start walking with her out the door. Devin wave to Kelly before we get out of the door. I start driving to Devin's school after we sat down in our seats. I can still not get that kiss on my cheek out of my head. It was so fast, but gentle. I smile to myself with the thought that she probably likes me. Devin takes my hand in hers to kiss it.

"I love you." She tells me and I smile bright as I look at her for a moment.

"I love you too." I smile as I stop the car in front of her school. Devin sighs as she turns to look at the entrance.

"I pick you up, as always." I promise and she nods, trying to smile. I know it's hard for her going here and I hate the fact that I make her feel so uneasy. I grab Devin by the collar of her jacket to force her to lay her lips on mine.

"I see you later." She whispered and I smile by the feeling for her warm breath on my skin.

"Yeah, and don't do anything stupid." I chuckle, which cause Devin to roll her eyes before she step out of the car.

"Love you." She says as she shut the door. I wave to her before I start driving to work. Can't wait for Friday, then we can relax, maybe watching a movie with Kelly.

I told Devin to not do anything stupid and what does she do? I had to leave work in the middle of the class to drive all the way back to the school. She was in some kind of fight. I don't know why, but she always does the opposite of what I say and ask.

I step out of the car and rush into the school, looking for Miss. Banks's office. Thinking of ways to calm myself down before I walk in that door, but when I do worry fills up my body as I watch my, girl sitting in the chair with her arms crossed over her chest. Her face in anger, but also bruised. I hurry forward to cup her cheeks to look at her. Devin rolls her eyes as she moves out of my hands. I turn to watch the older woman confused about everything, then the other girl that is sitting on the other chair next to Devin.

"What happened?" I ask Miss. Banks as I stand behind Devin with my hands on her shoulders. Then she starts to explain that Devin and this girl, Kate was in a fight, but she does not know the reason and neither one them want to tell us either, which caused both of them get detention for a couple of weeks. 

The conversation didn't go so well when Kate's mother showed up. She tried to defend her daughter. Saying that it was probably Devin's fault. Because of the way, she looks and that she should know better since she is older. I swear that I almost wanted to punch that woman in the face. I don't either understand why Devin got the blame, since the other girl didn't have one mark on her face. Devin on the other hand, is bruised on her cheek and has a scratch mark on her chin.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask lightly as we are on our way to pick up Kelly. Devin shakes her head as she stares out the window. I sigh as I just let it go, for now. I want my answers, because I don't want this war between those two to keep on going. I don't want my girl to come home with something blue.

"Hi, Kelly." I smile as I sit down on my knees and she comes running to give me a big hug.

"Hi," She smile, but then look around worried.

"Where is Levin?" She asks as she watches me again.

"She is in the car," I smile.

"So take on your shoes and jacket so we can go home and eat some dinner." I tell and she nods happily, as she do as I said. I am just glad I don't have to drag her home today as we usually do. It might be that Devin is not here that makes Kelly want to go home.