Pre-dance

Why are you so moody?" I ask Allison as we walk through the mall.

"Nothing's wrong, I just - I have a lot on my mind." Allison responds.

"You could smile, at least. Ever heard of the saying, "Never frown. Someone could be falling in love with your smile"? Smile, Allison. I'm buying you a dress." Lydia tells her.

Alison looks at her before saying, "Have to admit as far as apologies go, that's more than I expected."

Lydia grinned, "Excellent."

"Hey I have a question." I say raising my hand slightly for emphasis. "Why aren't I getting a dress bought for me?"

Lydia shakes her head at me. "Because a) Steve is a surgeon so you don't need me to buy you one, and b) your boyfriend didn't just dump you. Speaking of though why is your boyfriend creeping on us?"

My head snaps around to where Lydia is pointing to see Stiles standing at he perfume counter spraying perfume in his own face and sneezing. "Oh my gosh." I mutter. "Hey I'll be right back y'all go start looking."

Making my way from the two girls I get to Stiles with a smile. "Why are you here?"

"I-uh-well..." He tries to get out. "Devin will you go to me with formal?" He ask getting his words all jumbled up.

"Will I go to formal with you?" I laugh. Stiles nods rapidly. "Of course I will." I laugh. "Why are you so nervous."

After I said yes relief washed over his face, "I don't know I'm always afraid you're gonna realize you can do so much better than me." He admits.

I shake my hand and tug him towards the dresses. "No one is better than you. Now come on your helping me." I begin searching for dresses and throwing them in Stiles' arms.

Before I know it I've piled 5 dresses on him. "Oh - okay, so are you just gonna - try these on right now? All of them? Is this a 24 - hour Macy's?" Stiles panicked making me laugh.

"It won't take me that long now come on." I tug him back to the dressing rooms in order for me to try them on.
*****
Finally it was the day of the formal and I was up in my room doing my hair and make up.

After 2 hours of doing my hair and make up I finally finish and slip on my dress. The dress is a beautiful gold that complements my dark and and tan completion perfectly. Standing up to and slipping my heels on and I take in my appearance in the mirror.

My hair was up in a neat bun with a bump in my bangs. My makeup was smokey with gold winged eyeliner and some pink lipgloss smeared across my lips. My eyes moved farther down to the dress which hugged my curves perfectly. Finally my gold heels which make my long legs look athletic.

"Devin?" I turn to my door where Steve is walking in. "Oh my."

"What? What's wrong?" I panic turning back to the mirror again.

"No no nothing is wrong! It's just, you look beautiful, you look like your mother." He smiles coming over to me.

"I wish she could see me." I frown looking in the mirror. "She always loved playing dress up with me when I was little."

"She would be so proud of you for the women you've become." He assures me. "And the fierce wolf you've become this year." He adds tapping my nose. "Now come on little wolf, your boyfriend awaits."

Smiling I take Steve's arm as he leads me down the hall and to the stairs. As we approach I see Stiles waiting at the foot of the stairs all dressed up in his suit. As I get in few of him I hear his breath hitch in his throat as he takes in my appearance.

"Wow." Stiles mutters as I step of the last step.

"Wow yourself Stilinski." I grin walking up to him. "You clean up nice." I add fixing his tie which was a little crooked.

"I-uh oh this is for you!" He holds up the container containing the corsage. It was red roses with babies breath and some gold ribbon, also in the box lay the matching boutonniere.

"Wait let me take s few pictures." Steve instructs turning to the kitchen to get the camera. Returning quickly Steve begins positioning us for a few pictures. "Ok only 2 more, I want one of you putting his flowers on and him putting yours on." He instructs making me laugh.

"Uh how do I..." Stiles trails off looking at the corsage.

"Just hold it like a bracelet and I'll do the rest." I laugh. Stiles nods and does so as I slip my wrist into it smiling.

"Alright now the boutonniere." Steve hands me it. Taking it I remove the pins from it and lift up the collar on Stiles jacket.

"Don't stick me with it." Stiles worries flinching back.

"Flinch again and I'll purposely stab you." I threaten putting fear in his eyes. "There perfect." I grin taking a step back.

"Alright you two I don't need to give the talk do I?" Steve practically begs.

"No we know the drill, don't have sex and if we do use a condom. We got it Steve! Bye love you!" I yell as I tug Stiles out of the house.

"Be home by 2!"