Danny Boy

After school Stiles and I head over to his house to do some more detective work before the games. Pulling up we see the Sherif's car out front.

"Yay I love your dad!" I cheer jumping out of the car.

"You know for the amount of trouble we tend to get in, you'd think you'd hate him." Stiles jokes opening the front door for me.

Walking in we head straight up to his room. First thing I do when I walk in is flip down on his bed. "Hey, Stiles!" I hear the sherif call out.

"Yo, D—Derek. I, um -" My eyes shoot open at this to see my boyfriend fumbling over words and my brother frantically trying to tell him to get rid of his dad.

"What'd you say?" The sherif asked reaching his son's room.

"What? I said "Yo - d - dad" Stiles stutters, jumping up I run over to the two and slide under Stiles arm so I'm in view of the sherif.

"Hey Sherif!" I grin trying to ease everything.

"Hello Devin.Listen, I've got something I've got to take care of, but I'm gonna be there tonight. I mean, your first game." He assures Stiles with a soft smile.

"My first game. Guh, it's great. Awesome. Uh - Good." Stiles again stumbles making me roll my eyes.

"I'm very happy for you. And I'm really proud of you." He pats Stiles shoulder.

"I'm proud of you too. I always knew you could do it." I add smiling up at him. If there wasn't a fugitive right beside me I'd say this was a perfect moment.

"So they're really gonna let you play, right?" The sherif ask double checking, I mean it does make sense Stiles isn't quite the best, or even good.

"Yeah, dad. I'm first line. Believe that?" Stiles grins but it's awkward.

"I'm very proud." He repeats.

"Oh, me too. Again, I'm-" Stiles is cut off by his dad wrapping him in a hug, me as well. "Oh Huggie - Huggie, huggie -" Stiles awkwardly mutters patting his dad's back.

He pulls back and smiles at the two of us, "See you there. Save me a seat next to you Devin."

"Will do Sherif!" I call as he heads down the stairs. Pulling me in Stiles quickly shuts the door.

"I'm sor - oh!" Derek grabs Stiles and pins him to the wall.

"Derek what the hell!" I snap smacking the back of him.

"If you say one word -" He warns baring his teeth.

Cue sassy Stiles, "Oh, what, you mean, like, "Hey, dad, Derek Hale's in my room - Bring your gun" ? Yeah, that's right. If I'm harboring your fugitive ass, it's my house, my rules, buddy." Derek drops him realizing its true but then bucks at him, making sure Stiles knows whose still in charge.

Ha news flash boys I run this show! "Scott didn't get the necklace?" Derek ask.

"No but we have another idea. And before you try to interrupt me I think this will be better than that damn necklace so sit down and shut up." I growl shoving him into a chair.

"Ok the night we were trapped at the school, Scott sent a text to Allison asking her to meet him there." Stiles begins to explain.

"So?" Derek groans.

"So it wasn't Scott." I add placing my hands on my hips.

"Well, can you find out who sent it?" Derek ask.

Stiles and I look and each other and smile before he answers. "No, not me. But I think I know somebody who can."
******
"You want me to do what?" Danny ask shocked.

"Trace a text." Stiles repeats.

"I came here to do lab work. That's what lab partners do." Danny glares.

Stiles glance at me for help, "And we will, once you trace the text." Stiles continues.

"And what makes you think I know how?" Danny questions.

Having enough I stood up from the bed and walked over. "Listen up Danny. We looked up you arrest reports so don't play stupid with us."

"I was 13. They dropped the charges." He attempts to argue.

I hold my hands and smirk. "Hey it is what it is. "

"No, we're doing lab work." Danny protest.

"Oh my god!" Stiles exasperates. I watch as Danny glances to the back where Derek is quietly sitting, staring holes into Stiles and I's heads.

"Who is he again?" Danny ask.

"Um, my cousin - Miguel." Stiles lies. Wow great cover hope know one ever finds out who he really is.

"Is that blood on his shirt?" Danny points outs.

"Oh he had a nose bleed earlier." I cover. "Hey Miguel-" I begin, attempting to not to laugh over the name. "I though Stiles said you could borrow a shirt."

Stiles turns to Danny, "So anyway, I mean, we both know you have the skills to trace that text, so we should probably-"

Stiles is cut off by Derek, er Miguel. "Uh, Stiles?"

"Yeah?" Stiles turns.

"This - no fit." Derek sassily states holding up a shirt and pulling for emphasis.

"Then try something else on. Sorry." Stiles and I turn back to Danny to see him gawking at Derek.

"Hey what about that one? I think it looks pretty good. What do you think Danny?" I ask knowing he is totally attracted to my brother. Hey I gotta give it to the man, he's ripped.

"It's - it's not really his color." Danny manages to get out.

Stiles leans over to him smirking. "You swing for a different team, but you still play ball, don't you, Danny boy?"

"You guys are horrible people." Danny mutters.

"We know. It keeps us awake at night." I grin taking a seat on Stiles lap.

"Now about that text." Stiles starts.

"Stiles! None of these fit!" Derek exclaims making mine and Stiles smirks grow wide.

"I'll need the ISP, the phone number, and the exact time of the text." Danny gives.