Visiting hours

"There. The text was sent from a computer. This one." We all jumped up crowding around the computer.

"Registered to that account name?" Derek ask pointing to the name on the screen. Danny nods.

"No, no, no, no. That can't be right." Stiles disagrees.

"I agree there's no way it was sent from there." I agree with Stiles.

"Are you doubting me Devin?" Danny ask tuning to me.

"Not you, technology." I admit patting his shoulder.
******
Piling into the jeep I once again ended up in the backseat while my brother occupied the seat next to Stiles. "Did you get the picture?" Scott ask on the phone.

"Yeah, I did, and it looks just like the drawing." Stiles says.

"Hey, is there something on the back of it? There's gotta be something. An inscription, an opening, something." Derek ask taking over the situation.

"No, no, the thing's flat. And, no, it doesn't open. There's nothing in it, on it, around it, nothing. And where are you? You're supposed to be here. You're first line." Scott changes to the topic of Stiles not being there. "Man, you're not gonna play if you're not here to start."

Stiles lets out a sigh and glances at me in the rear view. I give him a soft smile and reach up giving him an squeeze on his bicep. "I know. Look, if you see my dad, can you tell him - tell him I'll be there, I'll just be a little bit late, okay? All right, thanks." Hanging up we pull into the hospital.

"You're not gonna make it." Derek brings up.

"I know." Stiles admits leaning his head back on the seat.

"And you didn't tell him about his mom, either." Derek adds.

"No we need to find out the truth first." I disagree leaning up.

"By the way, one more thing." Derek trails off looking at Stiles.

"Yea?" Stiles turns to him. Derek grabs the back of his neck and slams his forehead into the steering wheel.

"Derek what the hell!" I shriek at the same time Stiles lets out a, "Oh, God! What the hell was-"

Derek cut us both off quickly. "You know what that was for. Go. Go!"

Grumbling Stiles and I climbed out of the car. Jumping down Stiles grabbed my hand as we walking. "Hey." I pull Stiles to a quick stop and examine him. "You ok?"

He nods, a small smile on his lips. "Yea I'm fine." Reaching down he pecks my lips before we both turn and head into the hospital.

Walking in it was like the place was deserted. "Call Derek and tell him she's not here." I instruct.

"Yeah, I said I can't find her." Stiles says into the phone.

"Look, ask for Jennifer. She's been looking after my uncle." Peaking my head in a see even Peter is gone.

"Yeah, well, he's not here either." Stiles states. Realization hits me and I grab Stiles.

"Hey we gotta go." I hurry gripping him.

Stiles holds up his finger signaling for me to be quite. "He's not here. He's gone, Derek."

"Stiles!!!!" I beg tugging on him.

"Stiles, get out of there right now - it's him! He's the Alpha! Get out!" I hear Derek rush but it was to late. There in front of me stood Peter.

"You must be Stiles. And Devin haven't you grown up." He smiles cynically. Moving in front of Stiles I push him behind me.

"What are you doing here? Visiting hours are over." The bitchy nurse ask.

"You - and him. You're - you're the one who - Oh, my - and he's - Oh, my God, We're gonna die." Stiles stutters behind me grabbing on to my arm.

Taking the chance I had I reached up and punched the bitch nurse in the face. Knocking her cold. "That's not nice. She's my nurse." Peter grimaces.

"She's a psychotic bitch helping you kill people." Derek says appearing next to me.

"Get out of the way." I motion to Stiles pushing him back as a fight breaks out. Throwing each other all over the place for about 5 minutes finally we came to a pause when Peter spoke.

"You think I killed Laura on purpose? One of my own family? My mind, my personality were literally burned out of me. I was being driven by pure instinct." Peter attempts to persuade us.

"You want forgiveness?" I ask crossing my arms over my chest.

Peter rolls his eyes at me, "I want understanding. Do you have any idea - What it was like for me during those years? Slowly healing, cell by cell. Even more slowly coming back to consciousness. Yes, becoming an Alpha, taking that from Laura pushed me over a plateau in the healing process. I can't help that. I tried to tell you what was happening. I tried to warn you." He tried again. "I was going to wait, for dramatic flair - but - When you look this good, why wait?" With that his face healed completely and he returned to the old Peter that I knew. "Derek, Devin, you have to give me a chance to explain. After all, we're family."

"Family doesn't kill each other!" I argue again.

"Take Stiles and get out of here." Derek instruct me.

Turning to him wide eyed I shake my head. "I'm not leaving you with him." I hiss.

"Stiles doesn't need to be here. Go." Turning I see Stiles terrified and hiding. Turning back to Derek I nod and take off to Stiles.

"Come on, we're getting out of here." Taking his hang I pull him up and tug him back out to the jeep.