Old pack

"Are you serious?" Allison shrieked.

"Well, it's the best plan. Someone has to get the key if we wanna get out of here." Scott argues.

"You can't go out there unarmed." Allison retorts.

"She's right Scott." I nod agreeing. Scott looked around picking up a pointer from the board. "Scott I can break that with my feet!"

"It's better than nothing!" Scott exclaims.

"There's gotta be something else." Stiles beings looking around.

"There is." I turn to see Lydia looking in the chemical cabinet.

"What are we gonna do? Throw acid on him?" Stiles sassily responds.

" No. Like a fire bomb. In there is everything you need to make a self - igniting molotov cocktail." Lydia explains.

"Self - igniting -" Stiles attempts to piece together what Lydia said.

"molotov cocktail. I know what your talking about Lyd." I say taking a look at all the chemicals.

"We don't have a key for that either." Stiles points out. Jackson rolls his eyes and punches through the glass.

"Well that one way to do it." I mutter as I gather the ingredients.

"Jackson, hand me the sulfuric acid." Lydia instructs as we mix together everything. Once we get it all together Stiles and I move to the other side of the room while Allison and Scott have a moment.

"He really likes her doesn't he?" I ask leaning my head on Stiles shoulder.

"Yea I think he does." He agrees wrapping his arms around me. "We're gonna get out of here Dev." Stiles whispers giving me another squeeze.

"I know." I whisper.

"I don't get this. I don't get why he's out there, and why he left us. And I can't - I can't stop my hands from shaking." Allison says breaking Stiles and I from our conversation.

"It's okay. It's okay, it's gonna be okay." Jackson moves to comfort her. I don't know what the guy thinks he's doing! He's with Lydia and Allison is with Scott!

"Jackson, you handed me the sulfuric acid, right? It has to be sulfuric acid. It won't ignite if it's not!" Lydia randomly ask.

And cue Jackasses snarky response, "I gave you exactly what you asked for didn't I."

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm sure you did." Lydia skeptically says.

Letting out a huff I march over to Jackson. "Listen here Jackass, if you screwed up that cocktail I promise you I will kill you! Slowly and painfully, then I will hide your body so that no one will ever find it!"

The fear ignites in Jackson's eyes. "Woah there tiger!" Stiles says as he wraps his arms around my waist and picks me up. "Yea I'm just gonna move you over here, away from the people." He says placing me back on the ground on the other side of the room.

"What! I can take him!" I exclaim trying to look around Stiles.

Stiles moves his head so that I can't see around him," Yea I know that's why your over here with me."

All of a sudden Jackson let out a painful yell and fell to the floor grabbing his neck. "Jackson!" Lydia shrieked falling to his aid. He rolled on the floor for a minute while Lydia hounded him.

"No, I'm fine. Like, seriously, I'm okay." He stated after composing himself.

"That didn't sound okay at all." Allison worried. From where I was standing I could see a scab on the back of Jackson neck.

"Hey what's this?" I ask reaching up and touching it.

Jackson promptly smacked my hand away before snapping. "I said I'm fine."

"It's been there for days. He won't tell me what happened." Lydia steps in.

"As if you actually care." Jackson glares.

"All right, can we not argue for half a second here!" Stiles butts in.

"Where's Scott? He should be back by now." Allison ask as I hear footsteps approaching. A shadow appears at the door and we hear the click of the lock. "Scott! Scott!" Allison calls through the door.

The shadow then moves away. "Where's he going?" Lydia questions.

"Scott. Scott. Scott! Scott!" Allison yells now banging on the door.

"Stop. Stop! Do you hear that?" Lydia says gaining out attention.

"Sirens." I say letting out a breath.
*****
"You sure it was Derek Hale?" Sheriff ask as we all stand off the the side.

"Yes." Scott says.

"I saw him too." Stiles agrees.

The sheriff turns to me and I shake my head. "I don't know what I saw." There's no way in hell I'm throwing my brother under the bus.

"What about the janitor?" Scott ask changing the subject.

"We're still looking." The sheriff sighs.

"Did you check under the bleachers? Under them?" Scott hastily ask.

"Yeah, Scott, we looked. We pulled them out just like you asked, there's nothing." The sheriff admits sounding a little annoyed.

"I'm not making this up." Scott sighs.

"I know, I believe you, I do." The sheriff gives us that look, you know the one when you want to believe some but you can't.

"No, you don't. You have this look like you feel bad for me. Like you wanna believe me, but I know you don't." Scott says what I was thinking.

The sheriff puts his hand on Scott's shoulder, "Listen - We're gonna search this whole school. We're gonna find him. Okay? I promise."

"Sheriff!" Someone calls from off to the side.

"Stay. All of you." He instructs before walking off.

Stiles turns to Scott and I with a small smile. "Well, we survive! You know? We outlasted the alpha. It's still good, right? Being alive?" He ask unsure at the end.

Scott shakes his head at us. "When we were in the chemistry room, he walked right by us. You don't think that it heard us? You don't think it knew exactly where we were?"

"It knew, it had to." I admit. There's no way it didn't.

"Well, then how come we're still alive?" Stiles ask wrapping and arm around me.

"It wants me in its pack. But I think, first - I have to get rid of my old pack." Scott says wearily.

"What do you mean? What old pack?" Stiles ask.

"Us." I gulp. "The alpha wants you to kill us, Lydia, Allison and Jackson doesn't it."

Scott let out a breath,"No that's the weird thing I don't think your apart of it Devin. And that's not the worse part either."

"How in holy hell is that not the worst part, Scott?" Stiles asks failing arms around.

"Because when he made me shift - I wanted to do it. I wanted to kill you. All of you." He said darkly.