Whatcha reading?

After school Stiles and I headed over to his house to work on homework, about an hour in though we got a text from Scott telling us to come over.

"What did you find? How did you find ? Where did you find it? And yes, I've had a lot of Adderall, so..." Stiles rushed as we walked into Scotts room.

"I found something at Derek's house." Scott states.

"Seriously you went there? Ugh what did you find?" I asked.

"There was something buried there. I could smell blood." Scott said.

"That's awesome! I mean, that's terrible... Who's blood?" Stiles attempted to hide his excitement, probably for my sake.

"I don't know. But when we do, your dad will arrest Derek for the murder. And then you two will help me figure out how to play lacrosse without changing. Because there's no way I'm not playing that game." Scott was determined.

"So now what?" I ask.

"Hospital." Scott says.
******
"So uh good luck I guess." Stiles mutters earning a laugh from me.

Scott shakes his head and starts down the hall to the morgue. Stiles and I make our way over to the chairs and take a seat. I reach down and pick up a magazine and begin reading.

I hear footsteps and look up to see Lydia and Jackson coming toward her. "He said to not abuse it but one shot won't kill me."

"You should take one before the game too. The pros do it all the time. You wanna be a little high school amateur ? Or... Do you want to go pro?" Lydia ask pulling him in for a kiss. I choke a little at the sight of them shoving their tongues down each others throats.

I side glance over at Stiles who is looking at them over a pamphlet, a menstrual cycle pamphlet. "Hey Stiles? Whatcha' reading?" I giggle.

Stiles head snaps towards me before glancing back between me and the paper. "I-I'm not sure?" I laugh at the awkwardness of this boy.

"The smell was the same!" Scott appears.

"You're sure?" I ask.

"Yes." He nod.

"So he did burry the other half of the body on his propriety!" Stiles cheered before glancing at me.

"Which means we can prove he killed the girl." Scott finishes.

"I say we use it." Stiles states.

"How do you plan to do that?" I asked uneasily.

"Tell me something first." Stiles looks at Scott. "Are you doing this because you want to stop Derek or because you want to play the game and he said you couldn't."

"There are bite marks on the legs, bite marks." Scott leans in close whispering.

"Ok then we're gonna need shovels." Stiles eyes lite up.
*****
After deciding not to go with Scott and Stiles to dig around for the body last night, I was woken up bright and early to go see the arrest of my suspicious brother for murder.

I watch scared as my brother is placed in handcuffs. As Derek glared over at us I got a weird feeling. Reaching down I grabbed Stiles handed next to me. Looking up at him he gave me a small reassuring smile.

"I'm gonna go talk to him." He said squeezing my hand before taking off running.

"Stiles no!" I hiss after him.

Scott and I watch as he climbs into the front seat. "Okay, just so you know, I am not afraid of you. Okay, maybe I am, it doesn't matter... The girl you killed, she was a werewolf. But she was a different kind, wasn't she? She turned herself in an actual wolf and I know Scott can't do that. Is that why you killed her?" Stiles says.

A different kind of wolf? What is he talking about?

"Why are you so worried about me when your friend is the one you should worry about? When he shifts on the field, what do you think they're gonna do, huh? Just keep cheering him on? I can't stop him from playing but you and Devin can. And trust me, you want to!" Derek warns.

Stiles goes to speak again but is pulled out by the Sheriff. After getting lectured by his father Stiles sulked back over too us. "Come on." He grumbles.

Stiles leads us to the car and I follow to the drives side, allowing Stiles to open the door and let down the front seat for me to climb in. "Thank you!" I cheered.

"Devin what do you know about wolfs bane and burial?" Stiles ask looking back.

"You are so asking the wrong wolf! I haven't been around wolves since I was five. I barely remember anything." I state. It's true I was so young when everything happened all I knew was how to control myself, barely.

"I can't find anything?" Scott said looking at his phone.

"Just keep looking. Maybe it's like a ritual or something, like maybe they burry you as a wolf! Or maybe it's like a special skill, you know, like something you have to learn." Stiles offered.

"I'll put it on my agenda. Then we have to figure it out: How am I gonna play this game tonight?" Scott panics.

"Maybe it's different for girl werewolves." Stiles glances in the mirror at me.

"Okay, stop it!" Scott yelled.

"Stop what?" Stiles wonders.

"Stop saying werewolves, stop enjoying it so much!" Scott was being to freak out, and then I felt it, wolfs bane was near. I could feel myself loosing control too.

My breathing began to get shallow. I couldn't see straight. I couldn't concentrate on the conversation in front of me. All I heard was blurred. "Stiles stop the car." I huff.

Scott must have had the same thought because he ripped open Stiles bag to see the wolfs bane. "You kept it?" I growled. I glanced at myself in the rear view mirror to see my eyes had changed.

"What was I suppose to do with it?" Stiles panicked.

Scott jumped out of the car and took off running. I on the other hand just climbed out and kneeled on the ground. "Scott? Devin?" Stiles called, he looked over the door to see me on the ground.

"Oh god are you ok? What do you need?" He panicked.

"Ju-just give m-me a min-ute." I breath heavily. Squeezing my eyes shut and my fist I felt my claws extend into my palm. Pain, pain keeps us human. And love but that is something I've never had.

When my breathing finally came back, I stood up, my chest still heaving. "Dev." I look up at Stiles who is staring at my hands.

"Don't worry Stiles, I'll heal."