Oh brother

"I don't know what it was! It was like... I had all the time in the world to catch the ball! And that's not the only weird thing. I hear stuff I shouldn't be able to hear, I smell things..." Scott explained as we walked through the woods.

Oh buddy if only you knew... "Smell things? Like what?" Stiles question.

"Like the mint gum in your pocket." Scott stated correctly, he was right I could smell it too. Curiously Stiles reached in his pocket and pulled out the piece of gum.

"So, all of that started with the bite?" Stiles asked.

"What if it's like an infection ? Like... my body is full of adrenaline before a shock or something..." Scott panicked.

"Nah to mainstream." I say jumping up on a rock then down the other side.

"You know what, I actually think Ive heard of it... It's a specific kind of infection." Stiles spoke up.

"You're serious?" Scott pushed.

Stiles nodded frantically. "Yeah. I think it's called : "lycanthropy." My eyes widen at his words.

Does Stiles know? Has he always know? "What is that? Is that bad?" Scott asked again.

"Oh, yeah, it's the worst ! But only once a month." Stiles said cracking a smile that only I saw since Scott was walking ahead.

"Once a month?" Scott was confused now.

"Uh-huh on the night of a full moon." Stiles then begins to howl. Now I know he is joking. This boy stays giving me heart attacks about him finding out. He's always so curious and he researched everything.

Scott turns and hits Stiles who continues to laugh. "You're the one who heard the wolf howl dude."

"It's not funny, there's seriously something wrong with me!" Scott complained.

"You're telling me." I mumble under my breath. Only Stiles heard my comment cause he cracked a smile my way before continuing.

"I know! You're a werewolf! Okay, obviously I'm kidding. But if you see me trying to melt all the silver I can find it's because Friday is a full moon." Stiles grins. Your gonna need something better then that.

Scott frantically began looking around now. "I could have sworn it was there. I saw the body, the stags running... I dropped my inhaler."

"Maybe the killer moved the body?" I offered walking over to help look.

I climbed into a bush to look if maybe Scott kicked it. "If he did it I hope he didn't take my inhaler, this thing costs like eighty bucks..."

"What are you doing here? Huh? This is private propriety!" I heard a familiar voice.

"Hm... Sorry, man, we didn't know." I heard Stiles say as I weave my way out of the bush.

"Yeah we were just... looking for something... Hm, forget it." I popped my head out just in time to see the inhaler fly through the air.

"Derek?" I exclaimed climbing completely out of the bush. Derek's eyes widen slightly for a second before he took off with out a word.

"Ok I have to get to work." Scott said working his way out of the woods.

"Dev that was your brother! Derek!" Stiles yelled.

"Yea." I mutter. Why hadn't Derek told me he was back in town.

"What is he doing back?" Scott asked me.

"I have no clue. I haven't talk to him in 3 months." I explain.

"Well no ones seen him around Beacon Hill since.." Stiles stopped not finishing his sentence, but I know what he meant.

No ones seen Derek since the fire, the one that claimed the lives of my family. "Yea so it worries me that he's back." I say climbing into the jeep.
******
Stiles drops me off at home and tells me he'll pick me up in the morning for school. Walking in the front door I see Steve sitting at the kitchen table. Steve use to be my parents best friend, no he's not a werewolf but he knows a lot about the supernatural world.

When my parents died he assumed custody of me, with the help of Sheriff Stilinski, Steve knew Laura and Derek couldn't take care of a nearly 10 year old, so Steve signed the papers and adopted me.

"Hey Devers, how was your day?" He asked placing down all the medical papers.

"Fine, did you know Derek is back?" I asked.

"No I didn't, when did you see him?" Steve asked curiously.

"After school, I was with Scott and Stiles we were in the woods..." Steve cut me off immediately.

"Why were you three in the woods?"

I let out a dry chuckle, I guess I better let him in on what's happening. "Well you see last night Stiles and Scott came and got me and we went body hunting for that body, and when we were in the woods Stiles and I got caught by Sheriff but Scott didn't. Then Scott said that he was trying to leave when he got trampled by a bunch of deer, then he heard a wolf howl and got bit. So now he has all the wolf abilities and he is a werewolf but doesn't know it yet or that I am one. Oh did I mention I think Laura is back too and she bit Scott?" I rushed out.

Steve sat there processing what I said before taking his glasses off and rubbing his temples. "Call your brother." Is all he said.