I like you

"Hey Dev can I talk to you a minute?" Scott ask coming up to me.

"Yea sure." I agree. Scott nods and points to coaches office. Stepping in I turn to him, "What's up?"

"Just I needed to ask you something. Do you, uh - Do you know if Allison still likes me?" He ask pitifully.

"I think she does but even she isn't 100% sure of her feeling right now." I admit.

"Really?" He ask, eyes lighting up.

"She'll always like you... But I think your kinda in the friend zone right now." I say putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Friend zone?" He pouts.

"Hey you can always claw your way out, Stiles did and he was in the pits of the friend zone." I joke.

"Thanks Devin it means a lot to me that your willing to help."

I smile at him. "Hey no problem I'm always here for you." Scott nods smiling, it was quite for a moment before he takes a step toward me.

Thinking he was going in for a hug I step forward to but imminently retract when I feel his lips on mine. "Scott what the hell!" I yell shoving him back.

"Oh come on Devin you know you wanted to." He smirked wickedly.

"Scott what the hell is wrong with you! I'm dating your best friend" I yell again.

"Yea but you won't tell." He threatens me.

My jaw drops at his works as I reach my hand up and slap him. "Watch me." I scoff walking out. First thing I do when I see Stiles later is tell him.
*****
After school I went straight home to finish my homework so that I can help Stiles with Scott tonight. Around 5:30 I got a text from Stiles.

Batman:
Did Scott seem off today?

Me:
Yea he did we need to talk about that

Batman:
On my way

I sit in my room waiting for Stiles to pull up. Soon enough I hear a horn honk outside. Making my way out to the jeep I jump in. "Hey beautiful." He beams.

"Hey ok so before we even move I need to tell you something." I say taking his hand. "But you have to promise not to get mad."

"Of course, what's wrong?" He ask tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Ok well today Scott pulled me into coaches office to talk at first it started out as him asking about Allison." I pause looking at him while he nods. "Well long story short up I went to hug him at the end and he kinda kissed me. But I pushed him away immediately!" As soon as the words crossed my lips Stiles retracted from me.

Turning to face the front griping the steering wheel his knuckles began to turn white. "Stiles babe talk to me." I begged.

"You didn't kiss him back?" He asked quietly.

I shake my head furiously. "No of course not! And look I know you might think it's an excuse but I really think it has to do with the full moon. His emotions are sky high and I had just told him he's stuck in the friend zone."

"So you didn't like it?" Stiles ask looking at me with sad eyes.

Shaking my head I lean forward and press a soft slow kiss to his lip. "I like you Stiles, not Scott." I assure him.

Stiles eyes stay close as my thumb rubs small circles on his cheek. Slowly he peels his eyes open and a small smile crosses his face. "Should we head over there?" He ask after a minute.

"Yeah he needs our help." I say leaning back in the seat but keeping our hands intertwined.

Stiles nods and backs out the driveway heading over to Scott's. Pulling into Scott's, Stiles and I both jump out grabbing out backpacks. Using a key to the McCall house Stiles unlocks the door.

"Scott?" Melissa calls out as we push the door open.

"Stiles!" He grins popping around the door. "And Devin!" I add peeping behind him and giving a small way.

"Key?" Melissa questions looking at the one Stiles holds.

"Yeah. I had one made, so -" Melissa cuts him off shaking her head.

"That doesn't surprise me. It scares me, but it doesn't surprise me. What is that?" She points to our bags.

"School project." I lie.

"Mmm. He's okay, right?" I can tell she is worried for her son.

"Who? Scott? Yeah. Totally." Stiles stumbles over his words making me groan internally.

"He just doesn't talk to me that much anymore, not like he used to." Melissa sighs.

"Well, he's had a bit of a rough week. But don't worry he always has us." I smile at her.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it. Yeah, um - Okay, uh - Be careful tonight." She warns.

"Yea you too." Stiles says timidly, what does she mean by be careful tonight?

"Full moon." She adds making my eyes go wide.

"What?" I choke out.

"There's a full moon tonight. You should see how the E.R. Gets. Brings out all the nut jobs." She says releasing my fears.

"Oh, right." Stiles breathes out.

"You know, it's, um, actually where they came up with the word "lunatic." She adds before heading out of the house.

"I have never been so worried before." I breath once the door closes.

"Yeah I know what you mean, come on." Stiles tugs me up the steps to Scott's room. Walking in the room Stiles flips the lights on looking up I jump back grabbing Stiles arm as he lets out a squeak. "Oh, my God! Dude. You scared the hell out of me. Your mom said you weren't home yet." Stiles exclaims.

"I came in through the window." He said blatantly.

"Uh ok, well let's just get this set up." I say dropping the bag to the ground.

"I'm fine. I'm just gonna lock the door and go to bed early tonight." Scott darkly states.

"You sure about that ? 'Cause you've got this kind of serial killer look going on in your eyes, and I'm hoping it's the full moon taking effect, 'cause it's really starting to freak me out." Stiles admits gripping my hand.

"I'm fine. You guys should go now." Scott says.

"All right, We'll leave. Well, look, would you just at least look in the bag and see what we bought? You know, maybe you use it, maybe you don't. Sound good?" Stiles ask. Whiles he's talking I feel him tap the handcuffs which I had placed in my back pocket. What the hell is this kid thinking?

Scott nods looking down at the bag before becoming enraged. "You think I'm gonna let you put these on and chain me up like a dog?"

"Actually no!" I feel the handcuffs slide from my back pocket and Stiles launches at Scott handcuffing him to then radiator.

"What the hell are you doing." Scott yells.

"Protecting you from yourself and giving you some payback - For kissing Devin." With that Stiles grabs my hand and pulls me out.