Chapter 21: Living where?!

Start from the beginning

"Look. I know you think that it would be a burden on us to let you stay with us, but trust me we would love to help. My mom cleaned up the guest room, so everything is ready and waiting for you. Please Eunji. It's the least I could do." He said.

I looked down, "I don't know...because what about the bills...I don't even think I can do that...what about all the other things...and am I just going to leave my house and never go back? Jimin I don't think I could-"

"Eunji,"

I looked at him

"Please."

He was looking in my eyes begging me with his own.

I sighed and nodded, "...Okay."

He smiled at me, "Thank you." I smiled softly and took another drink of my coffee as he did too.

(Mijin's POV)

When I walked to the room I saw my mom sitting in a chair outside the room talking to Dr. Kang who was standing beside her.

But it was weird.

She wasn't crying.

"What's happened?" I asked Dr. Kang. He looked at me and looked down and shook his head with his eyes closed. "I'm sorry...but he passed today while you were at school."

My jaw dropped.

'Why am I surprised? I knew it was going to happen soon...I guess I just....didn't know that it would be...this soon.'

A tear fell down my cheek.

'Why didn't I get pulled from class? Why wasn't I excused from school to see dad one last time? This wouldn't have happened if mom just let me stay here! I would've been here! I would've been able to talk to him one last time before it happened if she didn't force me to go to school!!'

"I'll go ahead and let you guys be. Tell me if you needed anything." Dr. Kang said and left. My mom nodded and pulled out her phone. She dialed someone and started talking to who I'm guessing is Mrs. Young, her assistant manager who's just like her.

"Yoboseyo? Ah yeah, I know I apologize for the inconvenience, but I appreciate you doing the report for me." She said to Mrs. Young.

She got up from her seat and looked at me, "C'mon, let's go. We gotta go home. I have so much work to catch up on." She said to me with the phone away from her ear, but then put it right back and started walking.

"What!? We're just going to leave now?! What about Dad?" I yelled to her.

She ignored and continued walking to the elevator. I was getting so fed up with it.

"Eomma!"

She kept talking on her phone about to walk in the elevator.

"Stop talking on the stupid phone and listen to me!" She stopped walking and turned around to face me, "Sorry, I'll call you right back." She hung up and looked at me.

I swallowed.

"I wanted to see him too. I wanted to be here with you and him. But no, you forced me to go to school and now Dad is gone and I wasn't able to talk to him! For the past week, I have barely been able to see him because of you! And now he's dead!" I yelled at her as tears began to fall down my cheeks like a waterfall.

She rolled her eyes, "Oh stop. You're being pathetic. I had you go to school because work is important. You don't want to get behind. Not like I am. I helped you. You should be grateful."

"Pathetic? Grateful? Are you listening to yourself?! Am I supposed to be grateful for a dead father and a mom who neglects her daughter? Seriously, the only one pathetic here is you!"