quarante neuf

justin

cambria looked at me annoyed as james was talking to her. chuckling, i looked at the empty land where the building was going to be built. henry was talking about how it'd benefit the both of us and frankly i didn't care. "let's just get the papers signed so the construction can start." i say, henry smirking.

"excited i see?"

"you could say that." i chuckle. cambria walks up to me, sighing.

"are we going to the hotel?"

"after we go to his office and i sign the papers." i smirk. "someone's irritated."

"he's talking my fucking ear off." cambria mumbles. "i know he has eyes for me and i played along because we're together and it's just tiring."

"you can tell him." i chuckle. "you're not my assistant, you're my partner."

"is my name on the company papers?"

"not yet."

"that was a joke!" she hit my arm. "don't put me on those papers. im going to college in two months."

that made me frown. i've gotten used to everything being so drama and complication free, i don't think i'll get used to her not being here. "don't give me that sad look. i'll skype you and call you. i'll come back every holiday."

"or i'll visit you because i still have to work with some other architects out there."

smiling, we get into the limo, me getting in first so she wasn't sitting next to james. sighing, she leaned her head on my shoulder. "do you think jessica can handle the office until we get back?" i ask.

"if ryan isn't distracting her, then yes. i'd call but im not paying for calling out of the country." she chuckles. rolling my eyes, i open my phone and called him.

"why the fuck are you calling me? i hope you're paying my bill." ryan says as soon as he answers.

"ryan, shut the hell up." i groan. "how's jessica holding up?"

"no one told you?" he asks. "jeremy got out of the hospital and he's putting everyone back to hard work. as soon as you come back he wants to talk to you."

cambria looks at me, eyes wide. "i didn't check my emails. i have to start checking my emails." i sigh. "alright. and my card is in my home office to pay your phone bill."

"you're the best." ryan laughs before hangs up. cambria squeezes my bicep.

"do you think he's resigning the company from me?"

james and henry were staring straight at us, me pretty sure that's why cambria didn't answer. "we can talk when we get to the hotel." she replies. "i need to make a phone call."

+

cambria

"go to the office, and pull the fire alarm. as simple as that." i say to ryan. i was standing outside of henry's office, waiting for justin to come back so we could leave.

"why?"

"to stall jeremy!"

just as i said it, ryan pulled it. "text me instead of calling." then he hung up. justin had come up behind me, telling me to walk.

we got into the limo and he sighs, undoing his tie. "im done for." he mumbles, leaning back.

"you're not done for." i climb on his lap, not caring if the driver could see us. "but justin, be honest with me and to yourself..."

he opens his eyes, staring at me. "do you really want the company?"

his eyes avoided mine and sighed. "no, but it's what i grew up learning to do. it's what i have."

"i know you have talent and not just making deals and sitting behind a desk all day."

"i can juggle." he replies, me laughing.

"im serious, baby."

"i-i can sing but i don't think it's something i want to pursue in life." he furrows his eyebrows. "people say becoming famous from that is a once in a lifetime opportunity."

"you're already famous." i smile. "stop wearing the suits and wear what makes you comfortable, stand in front of a camera and sing your heart out."

"no." he hugs me. "that seems scary."

"i want to hear you sing when we get back to this hotel, mr." i chuckle, kissing his forehead.

"only for you."

-----

i spaced on this story bc ive been writing on 1d-wyd

go read my most recent story !! :)