dix neuf

ok so before she blocked me this is what actually went down 😂

cambria

justin and i have been inseparable for the past couple of days except for when he had his meetings and so forth. as i was sitting in his office, answering phone calls, setting meetings and such, ryan walked in.

"is justin at a meeting?" he asked, as i hung up the phone, then leaned back in the chair.

i nod, "he should be coming back in like fifteen minutes if you want to wait."

he nods, sitting down the couch by the window. he sat there silently as i was looking through the meetings and business calls he has, trying to make sure it wasn't too much. "you work for him now? isn't that awkward?"

"excuse me?" i ask, looking at him. i know ryan is justin's best friend but that's my secret to tell, not his.

"you two having an affair, it isn't awkward?" he whispers the first part. i sighed in relief, then shrugged.

"not really."

justin had walked in earlier than expected. "ryan, what do you want?"

"to know where you're at and why karmen keeps calling my phone. i told her you're with me." i smirk, that's the kind of friend i need.

"i don't know if i can tell you." he sighs. "but if karmen calls again tell her im not speaking to her unless it's to apologize to me and cambria."

"where are you going?" i ask.

"you can leave if you're finished with whatever you're doing. im staying longer with my dad." he smiles, and rushes out. ryan looks at me, then back at the door, then back at me again.

"what's going on?"

"let's just say i have a horrible past that im ashamed of and justin punched this guy that was holding it against me and karmen kept asking questions. justin told her why he punched that guy and about my past and she said something that insulted me and justin didn't like it so he left."

"if you don't mind me asking, what did she say?"

"justin wouldn't tell me exactly what she said but once before she called me a slave to my ex boss." i mention the past time she's insulted me. ryan's eyes widen.

"are you serious? i thought karmen was just happy-go-lucky, i didn't think she was that fucking evil." ryan squints. "but do you know where justin's been the-"

"he's been at the loft hasn't he?" and i nod considering ryan already knows that the loft is a thing. "well that answers my questions, i guess i'll be going now."

"right behind you." i say, grabbing my phone and purse. ryan holds the door for me and as i walk through, i thank him, then groaned.

"wha- oh."

karmen was getting off the elevator. she approached us, "i haven't seen my husband in five days, where's he at?"

"doing something imp-"

"i was asking ryan." she held her hand up in my face. punching the bridge of my nose, i count to ten before i look up.

"i don't fucking work here." ryan rolls his eyes.

"he's doing something important with his father." i repeat, handing ryan my purse as i put my phone inside of it.

"what are you-"

"this is all your fault." and as soon as she poked my forehead with her finger, i slid my foot by her legs to make her fall on her back. she let out a fake ass scream, as i leaned over to look at her.

"touch me again, i fucking dare you to. next time it's my fist and your face."

+

justin

my father and i stood there as cambria walked off, ryan beside her holding her purse. the fact i didn't go and help karmen was a sign that my dad picked up. "did you two argue or something?"

"yes, and im not giving in. she can harass all the people she wants to get to me but im not speaking to her until she apologizes. it's as simple as that." i shrug, my hands deep in my pockets. someone was helping karmen up, and she was snapping out on them.

"she's never acted like this before." i mutter, and my dad sighs.

"she's going to be a distraction. plus, you have to fly back out to cali in two days, so you better get your shit together."

"i don't have to take her with me, like you just said, she's going to be a distraction."

he just nods and i follow him back to his office. i don't what happened and why karmen ended up on the floor but by the words that came from cambria i knew she had a reasonable explanation as to why she did it.

i excuse myself to the bathroom, then i called ryan. "dude, get your shit together." was the first thing he said.

"karmen needs to get her shit together. everything would be fine if she'd stop being so immature and just apologize. she fucking insulted her race then insulted her again."

"you're not paying attention." ryan groans. "this obviously isn't about you and karmen, it's about karmen and cambria and the fact you're choosing sides just proves who you feel more for." ryan says, justin not clinging on to what ryan had said.

"im not choosing sides, for fucks sake. karmen is doing the wrong thing-"

"you watched your fuck buddy assault your wife and you stood there."

"because it's between them, not me."

ryan sighs, "if it's between them then why are you staying at the loft with cambria. justin, i saw her whole new wardrobe, what the fuck is going on."

"ryan im going to choke you the next time i see you because the fact you're just assuming, you're acting like karmen! you don't know why this is happening so mind your fucking business, as simple as that."

when i hang up, i loosen my tie, and leaned over the sink, breathing in. i can't deal with this level of stress right now.

-----

karmen boutta get smacked