quarante trois

cambria

justin invited jessica and ryan to lunch with us considering jessica was doing all of justin's hard work and she needed a break. ryan was still in his little pouty mood so he made him come.

chuckling, i watch as jessica and ryan have a full blown conversation forgetting we were walking behind them. "someone's pretty jealous if you're already setting him up." i hip bump justin and he rolls his eyes.

"it's not like that." he groans. "i invited them as friends, it's just my luck they have a lot to talk about."

laughing, i continue walking into the unfamiliar diner that jessica had picked. "did karmen ever sign the papers?" i ask, walking in as justin held the door.

"i don't know. i didn't talk to her ever since you told her i was dicking you down." justin laughed, me smirking. "you didn't have to tell her that."

"you didn't have to lie about how many times we had sex." i point out, and he rolls his eyes. "can i talk to her on my own? a one on one."

"doubt that's a good idea." he takes the menus from the lady, handing me one. "if she hits you no doubt you're going to hit back."

"damn right i am but i don't care."

"i don't want you to."

"i am anyways." i smile, grabbing my phone. we slide in the booth across ryan and jessica, then i started texting karmen.

she gave an almost immediately reply. what the hell is there to talk about? you were fucking my husband and he divorced me for you. you have it all, you win.

it wasn't my intention. he's the one who caught feelings. i told him to leave me alone and focus on you but he's hardheaded and didn't listen

she left me on read for about five minutes then replied with fine. we can talk. tomorrow?

that's fine.

i lock my phone, putting it in my pocket. justin shook his head at me. "if this goes horrible i'll be home waiting to tell you i told you so."

i roll my eyes, opening the menu and looking through. most foods were all heavy foods, so i just went with a ham and cheese sandwich. "does everyone know about us? or that you divorced karmen?"

"no." he shakes his head. "you're coming with me to talk to my dad after we eat then tomorrow if things go well and she signs the goddamn papers then we can go public."

"that's between you and your dad, justin. i'll go but i'm staying in the waiting room." i say, then the waitress came back to ask us what drinks we wanted. since we all had our orders ready we decided to order as well.

+

justin

"thanks for lunch." jessica has hugged me quickly before turning to ryan. ryan didn't speak to me or look at me so the two walked away, cambria looking at.

"justin, talk to him!"

"later." i mumble, opening the door for her. she gets in, then i walk over to the passenger seat. "i just hope my dad doesn't try to kill me."

we drive to the hospital silently. she was holding my hand, while on her phone. as we were driving, she sighed. "do you not like music? you always drive in silence."

"i love music." i state. "i just hate the radio and i don't like using the bluetooth because it distracts me from driving."

she connects her phone, the first song to play was drake. chuckling, i listen as she quietly sang along. it seemed like forever until we reached the hospital but when we walked in, we went through the metal detectors they recently put in then went upstairs.

"im nervous." cambria had spoke as we reached his room.

"it's your choice is you want to come in or not."

"i'll stay out here."

nodding, i kiss her forehead before walking in. he was laying there watching a show he was obviously in to. "dad, it's been two weeks since i told you. do you not having anything to say?"

"why?" he looks at me. "she's the perfect girl, justin."

"she most definitely is not." i retort. "you practically forced me into marrying her. i didn't even want to get married for that matter."

"so you're divorcing her? how are you going to handle the company?"

"actually better than you ever did as of now." i smile. "you didn't have a significant other by you're side so why is it mandatory i have one?"

"you're only twenty five, im almost sixty." he says, then changes the topic. "is there someone else? is that why you divorced her?"

cambria's face popped into my mind, me not knowing if i should tell him. i decided to stop acting as if everything my dad says i have to follow, so i said yes. "who?"

"does it really matter?" i ask, and he nods.

"yes." he nods. "does your mother even know about this?"

"she's met the other girl and already likes her." i smile. "your opinion really won't effect how i feel about her."

"who is it, goddamnit?"

"it's cambria." i blurt, and his eyes widen at me. it went silent for maybe thirty seconds. "so now you know, is that all?"

"i'd take the company from you if i could." he threatens. "your mother doesn't want it and im sure jaxon is more into sports than business."

"you're saying it like i wanted the company. i never did. i liked to play hockey and basketball just like jaxon and instead you make me get married and go to college." i retort, deciding to say how i feel right now.

"you're just now saying this when im practically on my death bed? i could've handed it to one of my best workers."

"too late for that now isn't it?" i question. "your best worker quit after you left because he was sleep deprived and was scared to tell you he wanted to quit."

his face said it all. he didn't like what i was telling him, he was obviously mad. "is cambria here? can i talk to her?"

"yeah she is."

i walk out and she's on her phone. she looks at me, "how'd it go?"

"he wants to talk to you. alone."

-----

i woke up at 5 to write this because school might be busy and yall know what tomorrow is 😛