quarante cinq

i think i bombed my french test today lmfao it was about ordering food and shit

cambria

"if we're here to argue over him, argue with him and not me." i spoke as i walked in, seeing her sitting on the empty desk.

"i'm not." she croaks, then clears her throat. "i signed the papers. i had someone follow justin around, and before you start yelling i had a reason but it's clearly none of your business."

it was so tempting to call her a bitch and push her off that desk but i contained my hateful emotions. "you two are clearly happy with each other, especially justin. i've never seen him as happy as he was to see you when you got off that jet."

it was creepy hearing her say that but i excused it. "just promise me you don't bring up my past to anyone and i won't bring up yours. and i don't know if justin told you but he's claustrophobic so watch him on elevators especially if they malfunction. he doesn't like to share his claustrophobia to anyone."

"why are you being so nice?" i ask softly, sitting down on the couch. she shrugs.

"if i tell you this, promise not to tell anyone? especially not justin."

"promise." i swear, and she gives me s little smirk.

"ryan and i sort of did some stuff once which is why im entirely not mad at justin for doing what he did." karmen admitted. "the two of us get out of our minds when we're dru-"

"you don't have to explain yourself." i smirk. "do you have a thing for ryan?"

"i don't think so but i guess i need him as a backboard." she shrugs. "i know this is awkward, but when did the affair start? and how did no one ever catch you?"

"the newest building." i say. "there was a loft at the top floor but it was isolated and justin found it and brought me there for a drink. things happened and we just kind of did it."

karmen nods, then looks up at me. "do you want to go out for drinks?"

my eyes widen. "what?"

"help me find someone else. you have good taste." karmen chuckles, me still confused. "i'm still mad at you for what you said over facetime but i'll get over it. he isn't mine."

"don't do that." i mumble. "but yes, i'll join you for drinks."

she holds her arm out, me linking my arm with her. when we walk out, justin is talking to the janitor that was obviously disinterested in what he had to say. "what the hell?" justin questions.

"see you tomorrow." i blow him a kiss, karmen waving. he stared at us as we got on the elevator.

++

justin

i was expecting cambria to come back in the late in morning but both her and karmen came in singing a song that sounded familiar. chuckling, i flick the light on seeing karmen grabbing the liquor from the cabinet. "justin!" karmen exclaimed. "join us."

"no, im good." i yawn, sitting down. cambria was in her own world as she leaned on the island. "are you high?"

"no im not high you ass." cambria laughs. "when i get drunk i keep to myself to not end up like that."

karmen was struggling to open the liquor considering she was twisting it the wrong way. i take it from her and untwisted it, as she sloppily poured two shots. "you're a buzzkill when you're drunk." karmen looks at cambria.

"i don't get white drink wasted, i drink with class." cambria spoke, her words slurring but she wasn't as fucked up as karmen.

"im going to get you so fucked up that you'll forget it ever happened." i make her look at me, and she smirks.

"try me."

karmen coughs, "ahem, ex-wife right here."

we turn to her and she's staring at me. "this is awkward." i speak, glancing at the time on the stove wall clock seeing it was just reaching four.

"it doesn't have to be. im honestly over it, i have my eyes on someone else." karmen winks at cambria. "just don't act all lovey dovey in front of me, please?"

cambria nods. i didn't reply, i just grabbed the liquor and put the cap back on. "you need to go to sleep." i say to karmen, cambria chuckling.

"you go to sleep."

"i was." i squint at her. "you came in singing ed sheeran and woke me up."

karmen starts singing thinking out loud, cambria joining just to irritate me. "karmen go upstairs and go to sleep."

"okay, okay."

as she walked upstairs, cambria wrapped her arms around me. "you know im not drunk, right?" she smirks.

"no, you're the same when you're drunk and sober." i say.

"i didn't take a shot all night except for now. the bartender kept giving her alcohol and me water." she chuckles. "pretending to be drunk is tiring."

"you weren't pretending, you were being yourself."

"karmen asked me to teach her how to twerk. do you know how hard it was not to laugh?" she starts laughing, me smirking.

"you should be an actress." i chuckle, then it hit me that she'll be going to college in about two months. she just laughs, then kisses me quickly.

"come take a shower with me."

"i already got in." i whine, as she pulls my hand.

"i don't care." she winks, kicking her heels off.

----

im making a playlist/tracklist to this story !