quarante quatre

it's a bitches birthdaaaaay

cambria

his father stared intently at me when i walked in. when i stood there, he just stared at me which was intimidating but i didn't let him know he was intimidating.

"so you and justin, huh?" he asks. "do you actually have feelings or is it just a fling type thing?"

"i actually have feelings." i was about to roll my eyes but i stop myself as i sat down on the nearest chair. "my feelings are sincere."

"did you make justin divorce her?"

"why does it matter?" i reply, then decided to stop with my bitchy mood. "no. if anything, i tried to tell him not to divorce her and so did ryan and he didn't listen. he did this himself."

jeremy went silent. he didn't make eye contact as he sat up, and took a drink of water. with his eyes still elsewhere, he asks, "is he happy? like happier with you than he was with karmen?"

"that's a question to ask him." i reply, not knowing justin's feelings. i'd be pretty offended if he wasn't happy with me.

"well if he's happy, im happy. i don't want to spend my last months or so mad at him for something that has nothing to do with me." he explains, me nodding. "we need to have lunch or something one day to clear the air between us."

"sure thing." i smile, standing up. when i walk out, justin was talking to a nurse. i didn't interrupt them but when i saw her start touching his arm i walked up and smiled sarcastically at her. "he wants to go to lunch or something with me."

"so it went well?" he chuckles. "that's surprising."

the nurse lady was still standing there. justin kisses me quickly before turning back to her asking questions about the type of cancer his dad has. smirking at her, i back away and sat down on the chair, deciding to call ryan.

"hello?" he asks, laughing.

"having fun without me?" i chuckle, and he laughs.

"jessica called someone an ugly rat and they heard her." ryan laughs. i start smirking knowing the two would be an instant match. "how'd it go at the hospital?"

"pretty great. except for this nurse that keeps touching justin." i stare, giving her a dirty look. she didn't budge, she just rolls her eyes and continues talking with her hand on my mans bicep.

"don't fight in the hospital." ryan starts laughing.

"i won't but i might have to stick a stethoscope up her ass she keeps touching him." i roll my eyes, as ryan keeps laughing. "you're no help stop laughing!"

"i can't take you seriously." he chuckles. "maybe go over there and stop the convo from happening. oh and karmen called jessica, she wanted to talk to you privately."

"when? why didn't she just call my phone?"

"she showed up at the office. you call her."

+

justin

the nurse smiled, her hand on my arm. she kept touching me which was very awkward. i didn't want to be rude so i was hoping cambria would say something.

"keep your fifthly hands off my man. probably washing people's asses and shit." cambria walks over, me trying not to laugh. "we need to go. i'm pretty sure she signed the papers."

nodding, i follow her toward the elevator. "did you really have to be so rude to the nurse?" i ask with a small smirk on my face.

"yes. she kept trying me." she rolls her eyes, clicking the lobby button. "and karmen wants to talk to me privately. i don't know what about."

"when right now?"

"i called her back and she told me to meet her in your old office." cambria speaks. "this should be interesting."

----

this is a filler chapter, obviously. it'd be longer but i woke up a little later than expected and i want to update some other books today