trente cinq

cambria

as i was sitting in the kitchen listening to the weeknd and eating strawberries i had just bought, i heard the door open. furrowing my eyebrows, i hop off the island walking over to see who walked in. justin stood there in his suit. "you're back to work?"

"well yeah." he sighs. "it's been a week and im already firing people and signing more contracts than i can keep up with."

"you're going to get used to it." i chuckle. "how've you been?"

"pretty shaken up that i might lose my father by cancer instead of natural causes, but im holding up." he walks down toward the bed then looks out of the large window, overlooking the lit up city. "i miss it here."

i just watch him and he puts his hand on the glass. "i miss you."

my heart starts beating. "justin, why are you here?"

"to talk." he smiles. "i have to go to the hospital with my dad for a check up in an hour and i want to see you before i go. i don't want to be in a bad mood when i go."

he practically just said i make him happy. i smile, and walked toward him. he turns to look at me, "you're smiling."

"you said i make you happy, why wouldn't i smile." i chuckle. his smile gets wider as he grabs my hands, intertwining our fingers. his leans toward me and i remove my hand from his to stop him. "just because im smiling doesn't mean i want you to kiss me."

"but i need to kiss you." he breathes. "i have under an hour, cam, can i just spend time with you?"

"go spend time with your wife."

he mumbles something, turning around to look back out the window. "what?" i question, grabbing his hand making him look at me.

"she's not going to be my wife anymore." he says, avoiding eye contact. "i filed a divorce. the papers she has to sign should be coming in in like two weeks."

i walk away back toward the kitchen. "cam, say something." justin says following behind me.

"if i say something im going yell." i pinch the bridge of my nose. "what the fuck!"

"cam, stop." he grabs my arms. "it was my choice."

"yeah, because of me!" my voice starts raising, me obviously getting mad. "why the hell would you do that?"

"cambria, chill the hell out!"

+

justin

she wouldn't talk to me so i left. so much for wanting to be happy. sighing, i walk into the hospital, seeing my dad pacing in the waiting room. "justin, thank god you're here. how do i look?"

"why?" i ask halfheartedly, then it hit me. "you look fine, dad."

my mom was coming to the hospital with us, karmen watching the kids. mom and dad have been separated for a while now and they were the happiest they could be. well, my mom was. by the way my dad was acting right now, it was obvious he missed her a lot.

"jeremy, justin." the female voice made me turn around to the open arms of my mother. smiling, i pull her into a hug, and he kisses my cheek. "you're a grown man. i hate not being able to watch you grow up."

"move back canada." i pout slightly and she chuckles.

"florida's fine." she giggles, walking over to my dad. they shared their awkward exchange of words, then the doctor called us back. we walked in the back then to a room where my father started to get questioned. "you okay?"

we wait outside as dad was changing into a hospital gown, being hooked up to machines. "i'll be fine."

"how's karmen?"

mom never liked karmen. for the three years we dated, and she didn't like her when we got married. "do you really care?" i ask, and she shakes her head.

"just starting conversation."

"well she's good. for now at least." i hint, and mom squints.

"what's that supposed to mean?"

"i filed a divorce." i blurt, and her eyes widen. "don't look at me like that, i had a reason for it."

"what was the reason?"

"i don't love her anymore." i say lowly, looking down at my shoes. "there's no fun in our relationship. all she wants to do is have kids and be that suburban family you see on tv shows. i don't want that, im only twenty six."

mom chuckles, "she's either trying to show you off to her friends or whatever or she just really wants to have kids so you don't leave her."

"if i tell you this, promise not to say anything? or judge me. or her."

mom was going to answer but the door had opened, the doctor allowing us in. "we can talk later."

----

i feel so bad for karmen skdksj