vingt neuf

cambria

considering i didn't want to spend all of my money, i stayed at the loft. justin hasn't contacted me and i felt hella bad for staying in his space and just not talking to him.

ryan told me not to but i called him. he answered on the second ring, breathless. "yeah?"

"am i interrupting something?" i chuckle, and he sighs.

"yes, but what do you need?"

"nothing important, go back to what you were doing." i say, and he sighs.

"you wouldn't have called me if it was necessary, what did you call me for?" he asks.

"it's nothing, im serious. call me later."

instead of hearing him argue, i just hung up, my heart racing. i told myself to never catch feelings for a man im sleeping with and only sleeping with, especially if he's married.

just knowing that he was currently fucking someone else other than me made me feel jealous and i didn't like the feeling. "fuck!" i yell, standing up and walking over to the balcony, and standing on it to overlook the city.

the fact that i started crying over this should've been a sign. a sign for me to leave the country and actually go home but i didn't because i can't take myself away from justin.

+

justin

i woke up in the morning, silently thanking my dad for giving me a week off since i was working my ass off for almost two straight weeks. when i got up karmen was in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

"can i invite cambria over tonight, is that's not awkward?" karmen had asked, me raising an eyebrow. it confused me as to why karmen had a sudden change of heart, but i shrugged.

"what are you planning on doing?"

"we have a pool and never use it, and cambria is the only girl that i can talk to without wanting to choke her even though we've had our differences. diana is a mess, natalie is a whore-"

"what?" i snap, looking up at her.

"she slept with diana's husband." karmen looks at me. "i didn't tell you, damn. but yeah natalie kind of admitted it at the party and cambria split them up from scratching each other's faces off."

"damn." i chuckle, trying to not show my nervousness. "but, im inviting ryan over then."

"that's fine with me." she smiles. "did you ever see ryan look at cambria? i think they'd be a pretty cute couple."

i wanted to tell karmen to shut up but i couldn't. so i just nodded and let her continue talking. "i know the one day before cambria made me fall to the ground, she was walking and he was staring at her with legit heart eyes."

my heart was pounding, me hoping karmen was just saying that to get ryan a steady girlfriend. if he actually looked at her like that i wouldn't know how to handle it because she's not my wife or my girlfriend. she's not even my friend.

"i think you should set them up." i reply, trying to hide the shaking in my voice.

"i was going to." she chuckles. "now help me cook so i can get the pool uncovered."

---

all four of them in the same house oh shit