neuf

justin

watching karmen shuffle around the house was getting irritating, the sound of her heels moving every second was irritating. "karmen, what the hell are you doing?"

"i was mad at you last night, a-and i sort of took my ring off and then i lost it."

that ring costs more than her whole wardrobe. i was going to say something but instead i just walked back into my at home office, and continued filling out the stupid paper work i had.

"are you mad?" karmen asks softly, standing in the doorway. before i even thought of answering, i got a phone call so i answered it instead.

"justin, i need you to get here. i need you to make a trip out of states."

my father seemed urgent, so i told karmen to start packing her clothes and find the ring then i left out.

as soon as i got to the building, i went upstairs. my father was just walking past the elevator as i walked in. "it's really busy so keep walking." he says, me following behind him as he talked.

"i have a lot of buildings outside of canada and my old friend from high school is also an architect in california. he wants to build an establishment out there, and i want you to do it."

"i don't think i'm ready for that." i shake my head. "can i just stay here and do the paper work you gave me?"

"justin, you're a grown man. you're capable of doing this. i'd tell you not to bring karmen reason being because she'll distract you but this is your first out of state business meeting. she can go."

i nod, a little nervous for this. sighing, i follow my father into his office where he gives me everything from the plane ticket to the architectural design i have to present.

+

cambria

since my boss is in san diego doing his business things, i decided to take a day off. he wouldn't know.

i decided to treat myself to a massage therapist. as soon as i dropped my robe, i laid down, the lay putting a towel over my butt. i heard my phone go off, so i answered it.

"cambria speaking."

"it's an emergency. i need you to bring down my backup plan." my boss was in san diego for christ sake. he was trying to get someone down there to give him half of his company. im surprised he hasn't gotten arrested for this shit yet. "i booked you a flight, and there'll be a car waiting."

"when?"

"tonight."

i just hang up, continuing to get my massage that felt so good after previous events with justin.

after the massage, i walked out less tense than i was when i walked in. i call up justin to tell him my plan, and all i hear is "how the fuck do you lose a ring? i move around more than you and i still managed to kee- wait."

"hello?"

"bad timing?" i ask softly, as i get in my car. the sun was going down and the flight left early morning so i had to get ready quickly. i could've taken his private jet but it's already in san diego so that'd take longer.

"no, it's fine."

"i was just telling you im flying out to san diego." i say. "my flight leaves early morning if you wanna do something tonight."

he chuckles, "im flying out to san diego too, but im not staying. there was only one quick flight to cali but im driving from there to la."

"same flight?" i ask hopefully, but then i realize his wife will be there.

"yes. my dad wouldn't let me take his jet because it needs repairs. he's highkey lying." justin laughs. there was a squeal in the background, and justin sighs. "i'll see you tomorrow."

"see you."

-----

mile high club, i think yes.