vingt quatre

cambria

i brought a bottle of wine to ryan's house. it was laying around in the loft so i took it. when ryan came downstairs he was surprised to see me so i explained everything over a glass of wine.

"there's only way to shut her up but it's going to hurt justin." ryan speaks, looking at me. "telling her about the affair."

"that's come across my mind countless amount of times but i don't want to ruin their marriage."

ryan sighs, "you've already did. the more you open up to justin, the more attached he gets and the quicker and easier he falls."

sighing, i look down at the glass then up at him. "should i just leave? i mean he's already picking me over his wife, so should i?"

"honestly no because he'll start beating himself up over it but yes you should. at least until the air clears."

i nod, standing up. "can you call me a taxi?"

"you're leaving now? do you know where you're going?" ryan stands up. "stay here until you get your things together. justin never comes over."

chuckling, i nod. "i'll go back with my parents and tell them im taking a break from working."

"well i guess you've got it planned but you're not leaving on such short notice. you can stay here."

"thanks, ryan."

++

justin

the next morning, karmen and i didn't speak until she made breakfast. "you okay?" she asks.

"im fine." i answer, sighing.

"are you mad at me?"

"why would i be mad at you?"

"for cambria."

i shake my head. "i don't know nor care why you two hate each other."

"it's a girl thing i guess."

internally i was laughing. i know exactly why they dislike each other and she just lied. "well resolve it because i do actually need her there and i can't if you or my dad doesn't like her."

karmen frowns. "you have a secretary."

"jesus karmen, is it because of her past? that's why you don't want her there?"

"no, it's because she's fucking gorgeous and she obviously can get any man she wants and i just don't want her around you." karmen admits. "we haven't had sex in almost three months, am i unattractive?"

"no, you just expect me to impregnate you every time we do and im not." i say, and she sighs.

"im sorry."

"don't apologize, i just don't want kids yet."

she nods, me letting out a huff of breath happy i didn't bring up cambria in that.

---

@ryan bitch you leave