Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

"I thought this was a girl's trip." Ashlyn said to me but was directing the question at Jason and Kylie nearly fell out laughing. "Anyway, can you take a selfie with me for my Snapchat?"

"Sure sweetie," I gave her a smile and waited for her to get her camera on her phone situated. After that little run-in was over, we ended up turning around and going into Nordstrom's to get a few things.

"So, you gonna forgive him or nah?" Jason asked me as he held a loud, yellow scarf up to his neck and looked at himself in the mirror. "I'm too black for that color."

I turned around from the sweater I was looking at and furrowed my brows, "Umm, didn't you just call him my ex?"

"Oh please!" Kylie chimed in. "We all know that she's going to go back and they're going to get married and have some neon colored, melanin deficient, big headed ass babies with the cutest little dimples."

"We don't know if I am going to do anything. Kennedy hasn't made a decision yet." I said to them and they both rolled their eyes. If they didn't look so different from one another, I would swear they were related. They're both dramatic, ignorant as hell and nosy but I wouldn't trade either of them for the world.

"So you telling me, every night since we been in this marvelous city, you slept in his bed, orgasm free and you haven't made a decision?" Jason asked me just as a sales associate walked past us. "JASON!" I yelled at him. "Lower your voice!"

"Hell she knows what an orgasm is...she probably need one. I'm just sayin'." He walked over to me and began sifting through the same sweaters I had. "Answer me Ken." He looked at me sympathetically and I knew this time, he was being serious.

"I may have had one slip up but it didn't happen again." I admitted, not making eye contact with him. "I didn't need him clouding my judgement."

"You love him, be with him. Give him another chance." Jason said and I was starting to become annoyed. "I hate when you get serious." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I have to get serious with you about this because I love you like a sister and I want to see you happy. If I didn't trust him with your heart again, I wouldn't be telling you this." Jason said to me and I pouted a little because I really didn't know what to do. Part of me was ready to just say fuck it and get on the first plane back to where the hell I came from but most of me was wanting Aubrey to myself, was wanting to give us another chance at love. "He's right Kennedy." Kylie came up behind us. "He's right, love like what you and Drake have...it only comes around once. Don't wait until it's too late."

"You got three people telling you to forgive that man. Me, Kylie and his mama. That's a sign from God." Jason said and I rolled my eyes at him with a teary laugh. "When the last time yo ass set foot in a church?"

"When I was twelve." Jason shrugged. "But I got a good relationship with God. He the real MVP 'cause see, God handcrafted these eyebrows and he guides my hands to slay my makeup everyday hunty." Jason said and I couldn't help but to laugh. He always knew what to say and I had finally made up my mind.

He was right, I needed to be with Aubrey because that's where my heart wanted me to be and nothing or nobody could get in the way of that. Not even myself.

From that moment on, it was all laughs and smiles. We shopped for a little bit and ate a light snack at one of the restaurants in the mall along with a couple of drinks and then we headed back to Drake's condo.

After we got settled in, dinner was prepared for us and I don't know why I got my hopes up for something nice and romantic. Instead I got all of Drake's loud ass crew and Kylie and Jason fighting over the last few shrimp left. However, dinner was still nice and I hated that they had to leave but someone had to look after my shop while I was here and I trusted them with my life.