Chapter 46 ~ The Real Deal

Lianna Camp's point of view

Just after he drove us home, Our deal started.

"Act like friends for a week and who ever gives up, loses." He said.

That's so easy. I mean, It's just for a week and if I ever miss him, I can just deny. Piece of a gigantic cake.

"Okay." I said with a little doubt.

"Of course you're not okay, you'll gonna miss me for sure." He winked at me and I laughed.

"I'm sure I won't." I proudly said. Proudly because, I really wouldn't miss him that much. It's only been months when I met him. I managed to live without him, right? "You'll be the one who'd miss me." Or maybe I'll miss him as well, so... "First."

"I'll try my best not to." He pulled my head and kissed me on my forehead. "Let the games begin."

~~·~~

First hour of what he calls a "game" and I already miss him. He didn't let me borrow a shirt and he wasn't going to sleep by my side so basically, I'm still awake. Waiting for the drowsiness to kick in.

Pfft.

Pfft.

Pfft.

2 hours and the drowsiness I was waiting is still not knocking on my door. I am literally wide awake, with the lamp on my back, Finger shadowing.

I looked at my phone and decided to call Kristen. Duh? Of course I wouldn't be able to fall asleep with finger shadowing, Or counting something.

Because she was the person who's originally my best friend in the first place. Before even Dylan came.

"Hello?" I started to hear Kristen's voice from the other line. Very drowsy.

"Kristen!!" I almost yelled. "I can't sleep." I said with a pout on my lips, trnin my stomach to the bed.

"So?" She asked. "Well, I'm very sleepy." The drowsiness in her voice, very evident.

"Kristen..." I rolled my eyes even though I couldn't see it. I'm very sad she said that.

3 months ago we'd stay up all night just talking on the phone about boys and stuff, but now she has a boyfriend? She doesn't even do that oftenly.

That's why I am with Dylan and now we have a horrible deal that makes both of my best friend gone so what am I now? Best Friendless. Yup. That's the word.

"What is it?" She asked, setting her drowsiness aside.

"Dylan's not sleeping with me tonight." I honestly said, Because lying wouldn't make such a difference.

"So what?" She asked. "You've lived 17 years of your life, sleeping every night without Dylan." She continued. "How's tonight any different."

"I don't know." I bit my lip not knowing that. What's the difference?

"Just go to slee--" "Kristen, You go to sleep too." I heard Archie's voice on the other line.

"What? You're sleeping in Archie's bed now?" I asked, like I was super thrilled to know why I heard Archie's voice and Kristen's sleepy voice. And here I thought I woke her up.

Maybe Archie's the reason why we couldn't talk all night tonight.

"Firstly, I'm at the guest room." She snapped. "Secondly, I couldn't although I wanted to do that."

"You want?" I sizzled.

"Yes, especially you already had before I do." She said andmI just laughed at the tone of her voice.