Chapter 37 ~ Possibilities

Dylan Cooper's point of view

"How would you like your engagement party will be?" Mom said first.

"Mom!" I hissed. "Can we not talk about it." I said.

It's been weeks since we forgot that that marriage is still happening.

"What?" Mom asked in disbelief. "It's about time we plan for it."

Seriously? About time?

Now she's talking about time?

She didn't even thinked about our age! I'm seventeen and I'm getting married.

How's that?

"I thought we already settled this." I quietly said. "Haven't you and your friends agreed to wait for another year?"

"A year's just too long too wait." Mom said.

"Yeah, Tell me that." I rolled my eyes. "Because 10 more years is longer." I said. "Probably my dream age of getting married."

"Dyl--" "Honey." My dad cuts her off.

"Anyways." My mom composed herself. "I saw you in the news."

"That's nothing new." I said.

"What's something new is that it said you were coming back to modelling." She said.

"Dad didn't told you anything?" I asked.

"Told me about what?!" She yelled and a couple of peopl sitting around our table looked at us.

My dad apologized to them,

"I just had a little photoshoot on Ever After. No big deal." I said.

"You had a photoshoot without telling me?" She asked. "Don't I get a say about everything you do?"

"Mom--" "I'm glad I heard you say that because if I haven't, then I might as well think that you do not treat me like I'm your mother."

"Lana--" Dad tried to stop mom humiliating me but she didn't.

"Mom look, I already agreed to this marriage. I agreed for you to take me back to school. All I needed is one photoshoot and I'm all done." I said. "You're already controlling my life! Maybe sometimes I do a decision for myself."

"Controlling your life?" She asked. "I never asked you to model. I asked you to go to school like what normal people do. But you said you wanted to act. You wanted to model." She said. "I gave you that, didn't I?"

"I never asked you to set me on a marriage on the first place." I said. "I gave you that, didn't I?" I imitated.

"I agreed on that because you, mom, you wanted me to." I said. "Because for once in a while I wanted to make you happy."

"Don't you realize that this--" She points at all of us. "--makes me happy?" She asked.

"I know, But it's just too much. Planning for my wedding, telling my best friend you found a perfect wedding dress? We were not ready for this and you know that!" I yelled.

"I agreed to this because I was convinced of your little speech! That you wanted to see me in a wedding before you die because you don't know when you'll die." I said. "I agreed like you are dying!"

"That's because I am!" She cried out. My dad quickly stood up to hug her.

Fuck.

What did I just heard?

"I'm dying!" She repeated.

What's happening?

I looked at my dad with a questioning look. He nodded at me and said, "Dylan, I'm sorry for not telling you. I--" I stood up and left the restaurant.