Chapter 25: My Daughter

Start from the beginning

"Alpha!", Philip called me slightly touching my shoulder bringing me out of my thoughts, "I have checked with Ethan, the tracker shows Rose is still inside packhouse with Aunt Wilma.", he said through the mind link reassuring me, I shook emotions out of me and went to the Alpha mode.

"Have you guys searched the perimeters?", I asked the team.

"Yes Alpha, but they are too careful to leave any hints. We couldn't even find when they left the body here, there was no scent here. We have called the pack doctor in case he wants to get any details for more forensic analysis. We have marked the body position and quarantined the area." Just as on cue the light brown wolf of Dr.Stephen appeared at the far end, he bowed his head to the Alpha and Beta and went ahead to examine the corpse. We stood there watching as he fussed around the corpse, he put on a glove and gently took the teddy from top of the girl and put it into a forensic bag.

"Sorry Alpha, we might be needing this for further analysis, there is a chance they might have left some imprint on the toy by mistake.", he said looking at me apologetically.

"You can keep it and throw it away once you are done, I am not planning to take that nightmare back to my daughter.", I said, even the thought of that teddy near my daughter is revolting now.

"Alpha, guards' mind linked me that girl's parents want to see her, they are waiting for your permission to come here.", the patrol team lead came to me.

We all felt sad for the family, the worst thing that can happen to you as a parent is having to bury your child before you and if the last thing you did with them is all shouting and yelling then the guilt will eat you alive.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes, these things are getting too much, the girl is too young to die. "Don't let them see her like this. Move her to the morgue, fix her up and let them see her only after autopsy."

"Dr.Stephen. Meet me at the office with the results once you are done with the autopsy."

I barked the orders at them before I shifted to Tristan and took off at the direction of the packhouse to my own daughter, My wolf can't rest until we see that she is safe.

Running back to the packhouse, I hardly halted to shift back and put on a shot before running inside through the back door towards the kitchen to find it empty.

"Aunt WILMA... auntie ee..."

"BELLA..."

"ROSE..."

I hollered for them as I stepped into the dining room from the kitchen...

"BELLAAA..."

"Alpha, you called?", Bella asked as she walked into the dining room from the TV room.

"Where are my aunt and my daughter?", I barked at her trying hard to control Tristan from lashing out at her. I saw her cowering away in fear, and heard Philip growling at me from behind for threatening his mate, I growled back at him for the disrespect towards his Alpha, before it could get any worse Bella jumped in with answers for my queries.

"Aunt Wilma went back home half an hour before once Tina got back from training, she was saying something about consoling some family. Rose is with Tina now, they are upstairs, will be there in either your room or Rose's room", I slightly nodded at her before running upstairs taking two steps a time anxious to reach our pup.

"WHAT IS THIS ROSE? I TOLD YOU NOT TO USE YOUR CRAYON ON THE WALLS RIGHT?" Before I reach Rose's room I heard Tina's angry voice and light whimper of Rose. I quickened my pace to reach the room to see, Tina standing with both her arms on hips, one of the hands holding a wet towel and Rose sitting on the floor near the wall with a crayon in her hands and tears in her eyes and crayon marks on the wall.

"You will not do it again will you  Rosie?", Tina asked her in a soft tone seeing tears in the little one's eyes, but the angry father and wolf in me are not registering any softness only thing we could see is another wolf threatening our child, we loomed over them like a predator to its prey completely unknown to the inhabitants of the room.

"No momma...sowwyy", Rose said while pouting, a loud growl erupted from my lips as Tina moved forward to take Rose in her arms and I stalked into the room towards the two figures look at me in confusion.

"Dimitri... Are you alright?", Tina asked me hiding Rose behind her, and Rose is looking at me from behind Tina's legs. Tina tried to touch my face but I caught her wrist and squeezed it hard so she had to snatch it back.

"What is wrong with you Dimitri?  You almost broke my wrist.", she said feeling shocked and annoyed.

"Give me my daughter", I ordered as Tina took Rose in her arms.

"No. You are highly unstable now I can't let you hold her now, and she is already frightened by your anger", she said hugging Rose tighter angering my wolf more.

"GIVE ME MY DAUGHTER RIGHT NOW. YOU DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHT TO KEEP HER AWAY FROM ME", I roared at her, making both of them cringe in fear.

"Yes I have, I am her mother", Tina said starting to get angry.

"YOU ARE NOT HER MOTHER. SHE DOESN'T HAVE A MOTHER, HER MOTHER LEFT HER WHEN SHE WAS A BABY AND YOU CAN'T REPLACE HER SO STOP ACTING AS YOU DO." with that I snatched Rose out of her grips who immediately started crying for her momma, the horrified look in Tina's eyes told me I should stop there, but I doesn't have any control over the words that are pouring out of my mouth right now, it's my temper that is speaking.

"YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO BE A MOTHER, YOU DONT KNOW HOW IT FEELS LIKE TO HAVE A CHILD WITH YOUR MATE, HELL YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT FEELS LIKE TO BE WITH YOUR DESTINED ONE. WHAT THEY SAY IS CORRECT... YOU ARE A CURSED ONE WHEN YOU WERE THERE YOUR HOME PACK LOSES THEIR BETA, AND BECAUSE OF YOU, MY DAUGHTER'S LIFE IS GETTING THREATENED HERE. WHERE EVER YOU ARE GOING THE DESTRUCTION IS FOLLOWING", I watched with a cruel satisfaction as Tina's eyes filled with tears and she started shaking her head and chanting 'NO' to herself.

Without waiting another moment she bolted out of the room, the angry devil in me stopped me from following her, I heard Bella and Philip calling for her, but it sounds like she did not stop to explain.

I looked over to the balcony window to see the creamy white wolf of Tina, speeding towards the northern borders... the direction of her home pack.

The wolf in me felt sad feeling the pain of his chosen mate, but the anger of the arrogant Alpha in me blinded me too much that I ignored his pleas to go after River, Tina's Wolf. The man in me felt sad for his wife, but the panicked father wants to stay with his daughter... torn between my duties and feelings I slide down the wall near the window with a crying Rose in my arms, trying my best to soothe her, while crying along with her for the damages I have caused in our lives in a matter of few minutes...

#########################################################################

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your votes and comments.

Thank you for your patience as  I took almost a month for the update, I was actually working on my other book for a while now. And I managed to update three chapters of that book :) Don't worry I haven't forgotten my promise, I will be finishing this book before March is over. We have only a two or three chapters left in Fates Intertwined, I will try not to delay it much, I do have a tight schedule going on at work also.

I am also working on a short story as well, I wrote it originally for a story writing competition at work and I liked the theme and plot so thought I will recreate it in here. I don't have the original copy with me, so I am trying to recollect whatever I can remember and make some changes and publish them here.  But this book might have to wait a little bit for me to finish at least Fates Intertwined before the end of March.

Read... Enjoy... Vote & Comment

Love

Niranjana