Imagine (Mario Selman)

"Mario, um, are you home?" I ask through the phone, tears silently rolling down your cheeks.

"Yeah, but that's not the point. What's wrong? Are you crying?" Mario replies.

"Um, maybe. Listen, I'll be over in 5." I tell him before hanging up. With that I grab my jacket and my house keys off the counter and head to Mario's house.

And not 5 minutes later, I'm knocking on Mario's front door. Mario opens the door.

"Y/N! What happened?" Mario exclaims and pulls me close to him. I bury my face in his bare chest. 

"I don't want to talk about it." I mutter quietly.

"I'm your best friend, you know you can tell me anything right?" Mario tells me, running his fingers through my hair. 

"I don't want to talk about it because you told me so." I mumble. 

"That doesn't matter. Here come inside and I'll make hot chocolate or something." Mario says, making me smile slightly. 

"Okay." I respond. I pull myself off Mario and walk into the house I've been in billions of times. I go and take a seat on the couch while Mario goes into the kitchen.

A few minutes later Mario comes back in with a blanket and a mug of hot chocolate.

"I love you, you know that?" I say, gratefully taking the blanket and mug from Mario. Mario just shakes his head and laughs.

"Will you tell me what happened now?" He asks, stroking my cheek sweetly. 

"Um well, I, um, went over to Ryan's house after school because he stayed home today and when I got there he yelled at me for not skipping with him. And then he swore at me a bunch and then I told him that I we should break up and-" I stop to calm myself because I'm crying. 

"Shush, it's okay. And then what happened?" Mario asks, rubbing my arm up and down, trying to calm me. 

"And I thought he went to hit me and he said he would never do that but I knew that wasn't true, so I ran out of the house and called you as soon as I could." I finish.

"I'm going to crush that son of a bi-" Mario starts but stops when I glare at him.

"I know that you always hated him and said he was bad for me and that I could do much better. But I didn't believe you. And you're right, I could do so much better." I mutter. Mario sighs and takes the mug out of my hand. Once he sets it on the counter, he wraps his arms around me. He just holds me while I cry. 

When I finally finish, I pull back and just stare at Mario. Every bone in my body is screaming at me to kiss him but I don't. But that's okay because he had the same idea and he was going to do something about it. 

He slowly leans and I meet him halfway. This feeling that I didn't know I had, explodes inside of me. 

When we finally break the kiss, Mario takes my face in his hands.

"Listen Y/N, I like you, a lot. And I have since forever. And I know you just broke up with somebody and I'm willing to wait. For you." Mario tells me, making my heart swell.

"Just kiss me again, you dork." I reply, and he places his lips back on mine.