ch.61 Two-knights

Harry patted my belly gently with his hand, as if there already was a baby inside. But it's much too soon to tell. And the two kisses? What do those mean? Twins?! 

No. No. I'm just being paranoid. Harry coiled his arms around me and held me close to his chest for a moment, as if saying goodbye to a part of me: non pregnant Angie. 

He pushed my hair back and kissed my forehead.

"Babies" he whispered with a triumphant grin.

I gasped loudly.

He had tried for two. He had actually tried to give me two babies at once.

It doesn't work as simply as penetrating a woman twice after an interval of time, but still. If it happened, it happened either in the first time or in the second. 

And maybe my body was so sexually starved that it craved the few minutes of Harry coming inside me and had clung to his slippery, white ink, forcing it to rest in my castle towers.

Harry reached for my bra and dress and helped me into them before he put his clothes on. I put my things on quickly, before Harry could try something else and give me quadruplets. (Not that it went by how many times you made love, but still. You never know with Harry).

Harry pulled his pants on, placed the scraps of the poem in his pocket. He put his shirt on me while he walked out with just his jacket over his chest. 

I shivered momentarily. I wasn't cold but enough thoughts were screaming in my head that I trembled.

Harry took off his jacket and put that on me as well. It was glazed with a sheam of sweat but it still smelled fresh and earthen, just like Harry. 

Harry wound his arm around my waist and I was hesitant to rest my head against his shoulder. But Harry was in his post-love, touchy, feely stage. He slipped his arm lower and scooped me up bridal style.

"What are you doing?" I gasped.

Harry smiled down at me. He lifted me up higher so I could feel his breath fanning my mouth and cheeks.

"Carrying my babies" he declared proudly.

My heart choked in my throat.

"Harry, I'm not pregnant" I shook my head quickly.

Harry laughed lightly.

"I think I just changed that" he winked.

My belly tightened as if in evidence of his suggestion.

I was silent. Harry carried me to the bike and settled me down gently. I wasn't pregnant but he was treating me as though I were a piece of glass again. But that was still better than being ignored, which is more or less what he had done ever since Darcy first opened her eyes.

Harry drove the bike while I clung to his back. I wrapped my legs closely behind his thighs and rested my cheek against his bare back.

We made it to our place and Harry carried me up the stairs. All the way up to level 21. He hasn't carried me since we were in Palermo.

If I really was in the process of allowing a baby to grow inside me right now, then I should cherish the way Harry's treating me and holding me. He won't be able to do this when I'm a good forty pounds heavier.

Harry laid me down on our bed and undressed me. We were too tired for a shower and could take one in the morning. (We needed to change the sheets any way so one night of smelling like leaves and oak trees won't hurt).

Harry handed me a pair of his boxers and his t shirt and I curled up under the covers. I patted my belly and took a deep breath.

But what if I was really pregnant with twins. And especially twin girls? Harry would probably forget my name and only care about his precious baby girls.