Adrian pulled out two manilla envelopes and held one out to each girl. "You two have been paired up. Your key cards and class schedules are in the folder."

The girls took their Stage Two packages and walked back to their seats. Next he called Samantha and Blair, followed by Jane and Lucy.

Adrian smiled at Marilyn as he called the both of us up. I sighed in relief since I had been paired up with someone I was comfortable with. When I walked back to my chair I quickly glanced at my schedule as the last pair was called up.

"We have Math and Finance together." Marilyn said as she looked at my schedule.

"Good, math is probably my worst subject." I scowled at the paper and quickly placed it back in the envelope.

Marilyn laughed and shook her head before directing her attention back to Adrian.

"In this stage you guys will have to show how good you are in a learning environment. At the end of the month you all will be taking final exams to see what you've learned. After, there will be another elimination. There will only be 7 of you making it to Stage Three."

The room remained silent as the revelation marinated. We had one month til the next elimination. One month until we find out if we made it to the last stage
...

"There will be a few competitions in between where you have a chance to win certain prizes. Oh, and this Sunday you will have another interview and photoshoot. More details for that will be provided later, but for now that's all. You're free to go."

I stood up and looked for Franco who disappeared. Sigma Harvard who was usually stationed outside my room at night walked up to me with that bulky bodyguard look.

"Are you ready to go Miss Santiago?" He asked.

"Where's Franco?"

"He's on break. He'll be back next week when Stage Two officially begins."

Hmmm, so he decides to go on vacation the last week Ruby will be here.

"Okay, well I am ready to go. I'm going to the gym to workout for a bit, but I'm gonna go to pick up my friend Ruby first."

Harvard nodded and adjusted his ear piece. From the moment I arrived I always noticed how handsome Harvard was with his smooth chocolate skin and large muscles. The only problem was that he was always so quiet and serious.

He followed me as I walked to Ruby's room. I knocked on the door and listened for her. I heard the creaking of the bed followed by quick shuffling.

Ruby opened the door. Her eyes wide and alert while her red hair stuck up at odd angles.

"Looks like I've interrupted something."

She flushed as she cracked the door open a bit more. Franco was sitting on the edge of the bed with his phone in hand. He looked up and smiled, which sort of irritated me.

I rolled my eyes and directed my attention back to Ruby. " I was going to head down to the gym. I thought you might want to come with. We can grab smoothies afterwards."

Ruby looked back at Franco there was a quick exchange between the two. "Do you mind if I take a rain check on that. I need to rest up a bit."

I shrugged and took a step back from the door. "No problem. You know where I'll be."

I said my goodbyes and did exactly what I said I would. I lifted weights, ran on the treadmill, did a cardio workout with one of the trainers before going to Alpha Smoothie, the frozen drink shop down the block.

There were a few people who came up asking for autographs and pictures which I granted but soon the whole celebrity thing started getting old. So I made my escape and went back up to my room where I could see Marilyn unpacking her things.

I walked over to my side of the room when there was a gentle knock on the door. Harvard stuck his head inside as he looked for me.
"Miss Santiago, I have orders to take you downtown."

"Why?" I asked. Harvard pointed to his watch and closed the door behind him with no explanation.

"It must be important. You should change your clothes and freshen up." Marilyn suggests.

I nod in agreement before grabbing my suitcase and pulling out a quick outfit. I knew this was Adrian's request, but I hoped that I wasn't in trouble for anything.

Don't be stupid. You haven't done anything wrong Deianira.

I racked my brain trying to figure out what he could want and why was he summoning me at 5 in the evening. Lately he hasn't paid me much attention, and we haven't been alone since our celebratory date.

"We need to be leaving now Miss Santiago." Harvard stood in the doorway with his hands behind his back and a patient look on his face.

I followed him out of the room and said a silent prayer. Please let this meeting be pleasant.