Chapter 18: Friends

Start from the beginning

"But we'll have to just drop by because we need to hurry up and give your mom her flowers." He said with a small smile.

I nodded and smiled back.

(Taehyung's POV)

Once we made it to my grandma's house I felt myself getting more hyper by the second as I remembered all the fun memories that have taken place here.

And of course, the bad ones as well...

I looked at Eunji who was holding the flowers in her hand as she admired the scenery.

I smiled.

We walked up the two steps that led up to the old front door with a smile on both of our faces.

I knocked on the door and we waited. I looked at Eunji who looked just as excited as I was. I smiled widely at her. Just then the door opened. I turned my head and saw a small old lady who was surprised to see me. "Taehyung ah!" She said opening her arms wide as she embraced me with her warmness. She kissed me on the cheek "I missed you! What made you decide to come see me?" She said smiling brightly.

I looked at Eunji. She followed my gaze and saw Eunji. "Oh!" She said covering her mouth with a shocked expression. A grin then spread across her face. "Well what's your name sweety?" She asked as she walked up to Eunji.

Eunji put out her hand, "My name is Eunji." She said shyly. I watched as my grandma looked down at her hand and laughed "Oh no need for that." She said as she went up and hugged Eunji, catching her by surprise.

I smiled.

"It's nice to meet you Eunji!" She said as she laughed sweetly, releasing the hug. "It's nice to meet you too."

"Why don't you guys come inside, so you can tell me how you guys met!" She said loudly. Me and Eunji both froze. "U-Um no grandma, it's not like that. We..We're just friends." I said embarrassed.

She stopped and looked at both of us and our reactions. "Sure...okay." She said with a slight smirk as she walked inside.

(Eunji's POV)

I looked at Tae whose ears were bright red. I couldn't help but smile. I mean I was embarrassed too, I just thought it was cute seeing him stand there awkwardly.

He cleared his throat and looked at me.

"Ah, I guess we should go ahead." He gestured towards the door with a small smile. I nodded and walked inside as he followed, closing the door.

Tae and I both took off our shoes before walking throughout the house. I looked around as we walked towards the kitchen. Everything was old and dusty. But something about this place made me feel safe. The wood beneath my feet creaked with every step I took. "Um, sorry about that. My grandma can be a little, ya know...weird sometimes." He said as he scratched the back of his head.

"It's okay." I smiled.

"Grandma!" Tae yelled. He looked at me, "Please, make yourself at home. Oh and I'll take these for you. I'll grab a vase and put them in there so they don't dry out!" He smiled as he gently took the wrapped Stargazer Lilies out of my hands and ran off to go find his grandma. I chuckled as I watched him run off like a child.

I turned around and walked into the living room. There were pictures everywhere along with dozens and dozens of photobooks. I found a picture siting on a small little table beside the couch right next to a beautiful vase of flowers. I picked up the old dusty photo.

It was Taehyung. It looked like it was from a long time ago when he was a little kid. There was a boy next him. He looked a bit older than Tae. He had his arm wrapped around Tae's shoulder and they were smiling. They both had birthday hats on their heads.