Artist Part 1

A mini series

Artist part 1

You worked for a company that illustrates for artist who sing and create someone else's image. The job was fun but also could be so demanding by the singer. It would annoy you that singers that wouldn't give you guidelines or even give some sort of help. You worked on a cover for a girl name Halsey she was a new up coming artist. She gave you list of things she wanted and even helped you out and drew somethings. You wanted to meet her personally because these ideas where amazing you even got a copy of the album early to help you create it.

"Excuse me can I have the number to the artist Halsey I have questions" you asked over the phone to her manager.

"Okay, if she is not busy" he said through the phone.

"Thank you" you said waiting tapping your pencil on the desk.

"She is busy right now I will ask her to call later " he explained " have a nice day"

"Okay, thanks and you too" you sighed loudly. Immediately you went straight to your computer and typed her name in looking at pictures and things that she liked. She was very beautiful and many people loved. You read her biography and even watched a couple of her interviews. Soon you were hooked on her and couldn't stop wondering what she be like if you met her in person.

"Hey, y/n" a co work said "I'm leaving lock up when you leave"

"Okay, bye" you waved at her. Hours pasted and you couldn't get her out of your head. Listening to her music made you fell closer but you still didn't know her. "She is a fucking genius"

"Who is one?" A feminine voice came from the door. You turned around and jumped a little. "Woah calm down I'm not going to hurt you"

"Um, wow hi" you started to fumble around and grabbed a chair. "Here you can sit here if want"

"Okay, my manager said you have questions and usually artist are tactile and so wanted to be here" she explained looking at the mess on the table.

"I'm so sorry for having a mess I didn't know you be here" you explained while hurrying to gather your sketches.

"No it's fine I want to see your ideas" she said pulling papers out from the sketches. She smiled and nodded her head at the drawings.

"You don't want to see theses their are some undone works that doesn't go with your album their just doodles" you explained passing her the folder what you created on her guide lines.

"Who cares I like your stuff better then what I wanted. The backgrounds and colors and you made me look amazing" she said holding up the papers. "I'm not a genius your the fucking one"

"Thank you but you already beautiful and your the genius" you mumbled blushing.

"Awe, you cutie no your the genius this is amazing I want you to work for me" Ashely got excited.

"Really" you said excited and happy.

"Ashley, you can't we can't use her anymore you want to make this album go out we can't waste anymore money. " he manager said walking in. "We are on a budget and over time cost more. You just find someone cheaper"

"Really but she is so amazing you have to see this" Ashley explained to him.

"I understand it's just I don't want you to waste money on something you can do" he said taking the papers from her hand and putting them on another table. He opened the door for her and ushered her out.

"Wait, I will do it for free here take it" you gave her a folder of your ideas.

"I can't take this from you" she pushed it back. "We all need to make livings and this one is yours"

"I can live without a few things but I want you to have this as a gift" you forced in her hands.

"Gift of what?" she smiled.

"Of being the person you are" you smiled and she nodded leaving the room. Silence fell and you looked at your desk and sat down. Your phone buzzed.

Unknown number: you know as cute as you are I want to have lunch with you. Ps these drawings are dope and your not cute your hot by the way.

Soon another one came through.

Unknown number: this Ashley or Halsey but should I use a pick up line on you so you can blush or I should ask you out straight?

You: it's depends. X

Unknown: you're so beautiful; your birthday should be a national holiday

You: okay you win

Ashley: tomorrow at 3pm

You: okay where?

Ashley: next your job

You: no that place is expensive!

Ashley: who cares everyone likes sushi

You:okay :)