Chapter 14

Louis

I closed the door to Niall's car and he walked around to meet me. He placed his hand on my shoulder and squeezed it lightly. I was nervous to be around so many people in this situation. What if someone caught us being cute? I don't think either of us are ready for that type of headache from people yet.

"You ready?" he asked me. I took a deep breath but nodded. "Great. As soon as you feel ready to go, we'll go" he kissed my cheek.

"Thank you, Niall"

"Anything for you" he pecked my lips quickly. "Now, come on. Let's get some drinks"

Niall and I walked off into the small park that was beginning to get more and more crowded by the second. My nerves were building up, I shoved my hands into my pockets and walked next to Niall as he led us to a stand where alcohol was being served. We stood in line and waited to be served when two people came up to us.

"Niall? That you mate?" Niall and I turned to the people. Tall fit guys, both having brown hair stood in front of us. "What are you doing here mate? Ay you're Louis, how's it going?"

"Ay mate, been a while" Niall spoke to one of the boys. "Louis, this is Joel and Tyler. Some old friends"

"Hi" I mumbled. I don't understand why I was so shy and nervous.

The two boys looked at me with odd looks and I forced myself not to lean into Niall. I could feel their stares watching my strange behaviour. I was really trying to be myself tonight but the fear was eating me alive. I was too scared to do a single thing.

"You alright mate? Ain't you the hypo one?" who I got told was Joel said. "You're all secluded" I just shrugged. I had nothing to say, so unlike me.

"He's alright. Just feeling a bit ill tonight aren't we mate?" Niall spoke. I looked up at him with his bright smile and endearing eyes telling me to play a long. I just nodded. "Anyway, good seeing you lads, see ya"

Joel and Tyler said their goodbyes and walked off happily while Niall and I walked forward towards the stall. What was wrong with me? I was fine at Niall's house, I was happy there. Why can't I be happy with him here? Am I embarrassed? Or nervous? Or am I both?

Niall's hand brushed mine slightly as he leaned in close to whisper to me. "Relax, everything is okay" I let out a deep breath. I knew it would be for some reason I was just very un-me. When we reached the stall we got two beers and walked off to explore the park.

I must admit, its beautiful here, especially the park. It was lightly covered in snow and filled with brightly lit stalls holding drinks and food and other novelties to use on New Years Eve, like glow sticks and sparklers. While we walked I saw many people sitting on the grass on top of picnic blankets, the grass being too wet to sit on, and little kids running around with different coloured glow sticks covering their bodies.

But everything else was beautiful. The people seemed nice, well all the people Niall knows, and town just held something beautiful about it. I had the strangest urge to want to be here more often, not that London and Doncaster aren't nice places, this place was just something different, I liked it.

"Want some glow sticks?" Niall asked sipping his beer. "Come on, I want some" he ran off to a stall where an old couple had packets of glow sticks. Even in the dark, there was enough light to illuminate our faces and realise who we were and I think they were a little shocked half of the biggest boy band was standing in front of them, I'm glad no teenagers have spotted us yet.

Niall bought many packets of glow sticks and handed half of them to me, we opened them and snapped them to show their colour. I felt like a little kid again as I connected the sticks together and put them around my neck and wrists. Niall wore his on the top of his head and some around his wrists. We smiled at each other, tonight was beginning to get better and I was loosening up. Thank God I have Niall in my life.