Chapter 15

Louis

"Niall..." how was I supposed to say this. He was going to hate me for not telling him. This is the type of thing that breaks people up.

"Hey" Niall said softly. "It's okay. I still love you" I felt my lip tremble and my throat grow a lump. How could I be so stupid to not tell him, or hide it. I should have hid it. The tears began to fall from my eyes, I brought my hands up and covered my face he didn't need to see me like this. I was disgusting.

"I'm sorry" I sobbed. "I'm sorry I'm such a failure. I should have told you, now you probably hate me" my words were hard to hear through my cries and my hands covering my face.

"Stop that" Niall scolded and pulled my hands away from my face. My face was wet from the tears that wouldn't stop flowing from my eyes. He wiped my cheeks with his thumbs and smiled. "It's okay. I just wanted to know. Please stop crying. I love you" I sniffled as stray tears rolled down my cheeks.

"I wasn't expecting the new year to start with me crying" Niall frowned. I made him feel bad, great, nice one. This is why I can't keep people.

"Louis... I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anything. You know I just care about you" he looked down again and his hands touched my upper thigh. "These don't change how I feel about you"

I looked into his blue eyes. Beautiful deep blue eyes that reminded me of a lake on a summer day. I looked where Niall's hand rested on my thigh, his fingers tracing the lines on my skin. I was ashamed of this. I really was.

"I had a rough time a few months before us" I stated. "After my dad, and Eleanor and the media talking about this and that, I just lost it" Niall listened to everything I said. "I'm supposed to be encouraging people not to do this and here I am doing it! I shouldn't be doing this"

"Stop Louis. Sure you could have spoken to us, but you had to deal with it your own way. But I want you to know that you can speak to me about anything, anything. I will listen and help you in whatever way I can, okay? Please don't feel like you can't" I nodded. Niall opened his arms and I moved into them. He wrapped them tightly around me, I felt protected. It felt nice.

We stayed like that for quite a while, just in each others arms, no speaking, just me being held by Niall. The only sound was our breathing. I swore Niall could have been asleep if it weren't for the occasional small movement of his head to press a kiss to the top of my head.

Thinking about it. Why didn't I talk to someone? I had Harry. Harry helps me with everything, and Liam is always a great listener. And Niall, Niall is always there for people. What made me think I couldn't tell them something was wrong?

"Lou?" Niall said in a hushed voice. I hummed. "Can I ask you something else?" I hummed again. Niall pulled away slightly to look me in the eyes. "Is... Lou, our song... Is that what the lyrics mean?" I looked at him with a frown.

"What do you mean?"

"'I've got scars, though they can't always be seen'. In If I Could Fly. Did you write that about this?" he touched my thighs with the many lines running across the flesh. I nodded. "How did I not see that. I assumed it was inside, like emotional scars" I shrugged.

"I guess you can look at it either way"

Niall's eyes began to water this time. "Please talk to me next time. Okay? Please, I want to help you with whatever the issue is" I nodded, even if I wouldn't live up to it, I couldn't stand to see Niall cry.

"Okay. Okay, I will. Don't cry Niall" I wiped his eyes and pressed a kiss to his lips. "I'll talk to you, I promise" he smiled, through watery eyes.