Chapter 20

Niall

We were back. Back together. It had felt like ages since we were together as a group. I was in the back of the studio, getting my make-up done. It was interview day, as much as I enjoyed the time talking about things, I also didn't. Some of the things they ask just get too personal. I was terrified the New Years Eve kiss would come up, I had nothing to say about that. They will find out it's Louis for sure. 

Then Louis, and the baby. They will definitely ask him about that. He will say he's happy. Because he is happy. Ever since the sonogram he's been happy. I'm still doubtful, I don't want him to be getting his hopes up on this baby when it might not even be his. 

We haven't seen each other in person since he left the hotel in Ireland. I just didn't feel like seeing him so happy over the baby. I was happy for him, he could be a father, and that would be amazing to have a baby with us, I love babies. I just don't feel comfortable about this, or her. Maybe it's because they slept together while he was falling in love with me, I don't know. I just have a feeling and it's not good.

"Wow, that's amazing Lou" I heard Liam say as Louis showed Liam his baby. 

"I know" he said, enthusiasm dripping from his voice. 

I sighed and pushed myself off the chair, the make-up artists and hair stylists all finished on me. We were on after the break, and I was dreading it more and more. One of the stage managers, a young lady, told us to get ready. Louis put his picture away and shoved it into his wallet, then jeans pocket. He looked fine if I do say so myself, black jeans, white v neck shirt and a black suit jacket, very nice. 

He smiled at me when our eyes met for the first time that day, really, we didn't really say much to each other. And he and the boys walked up to me. Louis slapped a hand on my shoulder, smiling widely. 

"Ready lads?" he asked. We all replied and he nodded , his hair bouncing a little as he did. 

"And now, for our next guests. One Direction!"  they shouted like they always do in these interviews. We walked out from the back and waved to the people in the crowd with smiles on our faces and took our seats on the red chair, big enough for the four of us, next to the scrawny man who will be interviewing us. "Welcome, welcome" he said and we all shook his hand. He continued to ask the same old questions, 'how are you?', 'are you excited to be back together?' yadda yadda yadda. 

Of course we all took turns in answering a question, unless it was directed to one of us in particular which has not yet happened and I didn't really want it to. It was coming though, they can't just come straight out with it. The album will be spoken about first, then the personal life.

"So, tell us, Made in the A.M.? What's it about? We all know your fans are calling it the After Malik" the interviewer, Henry, I think is his name, asked. Liam took the reins on this question.

"Well, the album title, which is one of our tracks on the album, is about all the memories, I guess, that what it's about. Us during the early hours making memories" I tuned out for a moment, letting the interview go on without me. That was until I got asked a question.

"Niall, we have pictures circulating about a New Year's  kiss. Is this a new romance on the works?" he questioned. "It is also speculated by fans that it may have been your mate Louis, seeing as the two of you spent it together in Mullingar, correct?" my mouth ran dry. I was speechless, what do I say.

"Well, yeah, Louis was with me, I invited him when he told me he didn't know what to do last year, I was home with family and thought why not?" I lied, everyone was watching me intently, I didn't like this attention. I could feel sweat beginning to surface on my forehead. "As for the kiss... Just some girl, we were both drunk and just bumped into each other and just kissed" I shrugged. I did it, I made it through the question.