Chapter 38

Niall

I breathed in. My nerves were overtaking my whole body. I was seeing Louis for the first time once again for our interview in Australia before our tour starts. I was praying this wouldn't be so awkward. We never really left on good terms and I never tried to contact him again. Not since that American fucker yelled at me to leave Louis alone. I shouldn't have listened and tried again, but some part of me had a feeling Louis would be there a lot.

To be completely honest, Louis went off the radar. It's like he vanished. He wasn't being spotted anywhere or doing anything. It worried me that maybe something bad happened to him. He cut too deeply, he drank into an oblivion, those cancer sticks were something far stronger and something more deadly. I couldn't imagine what would happen if he was in trouble like that.

That day he kicked me out, a month ago to be exact, I started doubting my feelings for him, I had every intention on going out and fucking every available gay man there was in sight. But I couldn't do that. It wasn't me. I couldn't just have a fling. I needed some connection. There needed to be more behind it then a quick fuck. Even drinking didn't lead me to doing those things. I had realised after many tortuous days I did love Louis, more than anything. Those fights we had were petty, the feelings were so much stronger and I should have fought harder to keep him.

I loved Louis and everything about him, from his smile to his pout, from his beautiful singing voice to his morning voice, from they way he looked in a suit to normal clothing. He was perfect in every way. He loved me and I loved him. Until I broke him. Made him hate me all because I believed our management more than him. We could have lied and told them we weren't together, made it seem like we were over it. Then we wouldn't be in this stupid mess of me worrying about seeing Louis for the first time.

"You alright?" Harry asked. His now short hair styled perfectly. I jumped at the contact of Harry's hand to my shoulder. I was so zoned out I hadn't realised he was near me. "You haven't spoken to him have you?" I shook my head.

"I tried" I explained. "But, his boy toy told me to fuck off" I mumbled.

"He really said that?" Harry asked, I imagined his eye brows raising in shock.

"Not in those words, but that's what he said" Harry sighed.

"Niall, Louis's-" I turned to face him at the mention of his name. "Not good. He hasn't been for a while now. You two need to talk it out"

He doesn't understand how badly I want to work things out with him. Hold his smaller body to mine, kiss those soft lips, whisper sweet nothings in his ear. I want those things back in my life. But he needs to give me a chance.

"I'll try" it was all I could say before the wooden door of the changing rooms opened and Louis walked in. Looking absolutely dreadful. He looked like a zombie, skinny body, black circles around his his, sunken cheeks. I'm sure I whimpered at the sight of him.

He just gave a smile to the workers and everyone but me. His whole mood changed when his once bright blue eyes, landed on me. My heart broke, if it could anymore. Louis turned his head and walked toward a rack of clothing, searching for his clothes to wear.

How could someone so beautiful want to harm themselves in such a way. I needed to know what had happened to him. No one had seen him this bad, ever. Slowly I walked over, feeling eyes watching me as I did. Louis never looked up, but he knew I was there.

"Hi" I said softly. A little too softly. It was awkward and unnatural.

"Yes?" he replied bitterly.

"How, uh, how have you been?" I wanted to slap myself right then and there. That would have to be the dumbest question to ask right now. After I know things have not been well, I ask that. Well done Niall.