Chapter 19

Louis

I walked up to Harry's door and knocked twice. I had the sonogram in my wallet. I was excited and I had to tell someone in person. The door opened and Harry stood there, phone against his ear. 

"Hey I'll call you back later, I've got a visitor" he smiled and hung up the phone. "Hey, Lou, what's up" I smiled and pushed myself into his house. 

"I have news" I don't understand how all of a sudden I was so happy about this. Harry closed his door and folded his arms, looking at me intently, nodding for me to carry on. I pulled out my wallet and took the sonogram out. "I'm going to be a dad"

Harry took the sonogram from my hand and looked at it, he smiled. "I thought you were having feelings for a friend back home?" he suddenly said and my heart stopped. I didn't think this through. My brain screamed 'lie, lie, lie', I had to, I didn't want to tell Harry I was with Niall.

"Oh. Turns out I was just going through a late phase of who I am" I laughed awkwardly and waved it off. "This is um, that girl I slept with a few months back. Remember?" Harry's eyes furrowed as he tried to remember back that long. 

"The blonde chick?" I nodded. "Not a bad choice Lou" he smiled and patted my shoulder. 

"I didn't think I was ready, I still don't but this. This has changed my whole view on things" he smiled at me and pulled me into a hug. 

"Congratulations Lou" his arms wrapped tightly around me, his arms were so strong, so much more than Niall's and he was hurting me. I couldn't bring myself to tell him though. "You're so skinny Lou, I can feel your ribs. What's going on?" I shrugged.  

"Dunno. Anywho... What's your plans for the day?"

"Nothing" he shrugged. "I gotta make a call but we can have a few drinks and that, yeah?" I nodded and watched as Harry walked off with his phone out calling someone, I assumed the person who he was talking to earlier.

I relaxed myself on Harry's couch with my feet on the coffee table and just looked at the sonogram. I traced my fingers over the black film. It was perfect. Who would have thought such a small thing like this could bring up such emotion.

As I continued to wait and stare, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket before beeping, indicating I had a message. I set the sonogram on the table and pulled out my phone. It was Niall.

From Nialler:
Hey have you finished yet? How'd it go?

I felt bad I didn't message him straight away. I told him I would, and I didn't.

To Nialler:
Yeah, sorry I got excited and went to show Harry the sonogram she gave me

Harry returned as I finished the message. He fell next to me, smiling. I smiled too, it was great to be around him again.

"Food and FIFA?" He asked. I nodded.

"And drinks" I added. Harry laughed and went to get the snacks and I set up the game.

It's been a while since Harry and I have hung out together like this. The two of us just been so busy keeping to ourselves since being on break, and me with Niall, that we haven't done this. I missed it if I were honest, I missed hanging out with a friend I was so close too. It's sad our public friendship got ruined.

Harry and I sat and talked, played his Xbox and ate and drank. It was great to escape reality and just play a video game and get lost in it and yelling at the players for not doing what they were supposed to.

I finally felt relaxed, more so than I did with Niall, as sad as that makes me. The fear we'd get caught and the worry he would end up leaving me over such a thing as my scars stressed me more than I let on to him.