Chapter 27

Niall

The concert tonight was awkward. That was an understatement. Louis tried to be interactive with Harry as well, he really did, but he was still mad about him dating his sister. Louis also hadn't spoken to his sister. I was mad at her for threatening to tell Harry about Louis and I, he was right, it's not her place to say a thing about us.

Harry's jaw was still quite sore, but he managed to pull through the concert singing along with us. But he was struggling, and for that Harry was mad. I don't doubt Louis feels bad for what he did to Harry, but he had good reason to be a little made and through a punch. The nice thing to do would be to his arm  or something, not his jaw when we have concerts to attend. 

After the concert, no one spoke a single word, not even in the car on the way back to the hotel. Harry held Lottie's hand and they smiled at each other, but didn't dare take it further with Louis near them. It took all my strength not to reach for Louis's hand and hold it in mine. He needed that comfort. I went for the next best thing. A slight nudge to his side and a reassuring smile. Tonight in bed he'll get the comfort he needs. He needs that, he's always going through something and I don't want him to relapse, I just got him gaining weight and smiling again - well more than usual.

In his hotel room we lay in his bed, my arms around his waist, his back against my chest. Louis sighed softly, he was still upset. I pressed a kiss to the back of his neck, faintly seeing the goosebumps littering his skin through the moonlight. 

"Lou?" he hummed. "You alright?" 

"Not really" he spoke softly. 

"What you thinking bout?" I asked, pulling him a little closer, which was near impossible since we were already so close. 

"Do you think I overreacted to Harry and Lottie?" he moved around in my arms so he was looking at me. "I mean, Harry is a great guy, he doesn't mean to leave the girls, but it's my sister, you know?" I smiled at him.

"I understand and I think you reacted perfectly normal for a guy who found out his younger sister was dating his best friend" Louis closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath. "Lou, stop worrying. Tomorrow is a new day, start fresh. Everything will be okay" he nodded. 

"Thanks" he pecked my lips. I leaned forward and kissed him for a little longer. 

"No worries, babe" he nuzzled his face into my chest pressing light kisses to the fabric of my shirt, it was a little chilly tonight, you can't blame me for wearing extra layers.

"Thank you" he said again randomly. I reminded him he already thanked me, but a smile spread across his perfect lips as he looked up into my eyes. "No, not for that, thank you for helping me. You've pulled me out of a hole I dug myself into with all the things that happened to me last year and for that, I couldn't be more thankful" my heart melted at his words. He was such a sweet guy and deserved the best. It's sad to think people could cause him so much pain.

"You deserve happiness and I am glad I could bring that to you" 

"I love you" he whispered.

"I love you too" I whispered back. 

We continued to curl up into each other and I couldn't be happier right now, in the arms of my loving boyfriend. Life couldn't be much better than this right now. 

+

When morning came we all had to pack our bags to head off to the airport to travel into Ireland for the next part of the tour. Lottie was going home in a few days and Louis was praying that that would settle some of the tension between him and Harry. I hoped that was the case too. I hated seeing my two friends being so awkward with each other, since I knew how it was for Louis and I after we first slept together in a drunken night. 

The five of us sat down for breakfast at a McDonalds. It was nice to be able to sit and eat a meal with your friends and not be distracted. Since it was still early and our fans most likely wouldn't come around here during breakfast hours, it was great.

I sat next to Louis, resting my hand on his leg under the table, invisible from the eyes of our bandmates. Harry and Lottie were sharing food, doing that cute couple thing putting it in each other's mouths. That reminded me of our time in the hotel when I fed Louis Chinese food. I would love to go back there again, have some proper alone time. 

"Lou?" I whispered. He turned to face me, curiosity in his eyes as he hummed for me to continue. I leaned in close to his ear and whispered as quietly as I could "Do you wanna tell them?" he shook his head. My heart dropped a little. This was the perfect time to, everyone was around to hear the news. 

"Later. When it's more private" I nodded my head in defeat. I couldn't help but think he just didn't want to tell people about us, and that broke my heart a little. As much as things were good in the relationship and between us, the fact only our relatives know irritates me slightly. I will need to bring this up with him later. 

"So, Louis. Are you going to go to any of the sonogram appointments?" Liam asked, breaking the awkward silence amongst the group. Louis finished his mouthful of food and cleared his throat before answering. 

"I was planning on going when the tour goes on break, I think she has one around then. But I do plan to see some of them" he smiled. I wanted to be happy for him, I always do, but this just didn't feel right, or real. I knew it would have to happen at some point to one of us, but with Louis it didn't feel right. He is always safe, condoms rarely break, I'm just too stunned to comprehend the situation. "You alright Ni? You kinda blanked out" Louis's voice brought me back to reality.

"Yeah, yeah. Just thinking is all" Louis nodded and went back to his food. 

Breakfast finished and we all headed back to the bus. I loved touring and seeing all the towns, I just hate the travelling to get there, its so long and can be quite boring. You would think with three other people it wouldn't be so boring, but it can be. When everyone wants to do their own thing, you're left alone, which is great, you need your space too.

Louis and I sat next to each other, and my hand itched to hold his and intwine our fingers. I was dying to hold his hand, I was dying to kiss him, I just wanted to sit in his lap and pash him in front of everyone and let them know about us that way. But I respected him too much to let that happen. 

Harry and Lottie sat with each other, his arm around her shoulders, talking quietly to each other. I saw Louis looking over at them, he was still mad, and I don't blame him, but he needed to let go. There was nothing that could be done about it. 

Liam sat with his face in his phone texting furiously to someone, a smile tugged at my lips. Maybe he found a girl. His spilt from Sophia was hard on him - and her - he tried to show it didn't bother him as much as it did but I could see it in his eyes he wasn't with it. Maybe we all couldn't hide things as well as we think we can. 

"I'm gonna go watch The Walking Dead" Louis announced to us and padded to his bed. "Niall want to come?" he asked. He looked at me, his eyes suggesting we wouldn't just be watching the tv show. I nodded, hiding the smile from my face until out of the eyes of the other three people.

Louis and I climbed into the bunk, finding it quite squashy but not minding at all. Louis loaded his show on his laptop - that he brought in when we first got on the bus - and sat in the middle of us before turning to me and kissing me softly. 

"I've been needing that all morning" he whispered against my lips before kissing me again. "We'll tell them tomorrow. I promise" I just nodded I could wait until tomorrow. For now, I will sit here with my beautiful boyfriend and watch his show that I have no idea what's going on in.

A/N OMFG OVER 4K you guys are amazing I love you all! Sorry the chapters are shorter than normal. To make up for it, smut is next chapter so it'll boost it. 
This chapter is dedicated to Emm_19 thanks for commenting and voting :)