32 - 2 Years Later

Before you read this, I am posting 3 parts at once. The 3 of these parts combined is the average length of my chapters, as this is a shorter chapter and the next two parts are both really short.

2 years later

I slowly start to open my eyes to a bright, white light. I feel something soft below me, which must be the white beds.

I don't hear the scientist.

I close my eyes again.

Where am I? What happened? Where is the scientist?

I start to feel tears coming from my eyes. The scientist is missing... She would always be here when I was finished with testing...

I should open my eyes and look around...

I slowly open my eyes yet again.

I am in a white room. Machines everywhere. White bed. White sheets. Light brown cabinets with a white countertops. A white door. A white wall. A white floor. A white ceiling. Wires attached to me.

In my mind, I seem to remember something. Something that I don't remember happening.

What I remember was being in a tank, and I know for sure that I was never in one. I remember there being people outside of it talking. I remember breaking the tank. Running around with a syringe and—

I swallow.

I have a feeling of my mouth. I want to get it out. I can feel it coming. I swallow again. I don't want the taste, but I have a strong feeling that getting it away isn't easy.

No... No... No... No...

Something else comes to mind. The thought... of other people dead...

No.... No... No.... No.... No...

"No...!" I yell, as I can't keep it in myself any longer.

A scientist in his white lab coat comes rushing in.

He takes something out, and starts doing something—I don't know what. If I were to guess, he was contacting someone.

Soon enough, someone runs into the room. This is someone I undoubtedly recognize, it is the scientist.

"You woke up?" she asks me.

I only nod my head.

In my mind, I have flashes of me running from her. Me killing another scientist.

"No!!!" escapes from my mouth.

How... could of I done that...?!

"What has happened?" she asks franticly.

Something else comes to my mind. Me... killing... many others...

"Nooo!" I yell so loud that I am convinced that everyone can hear it.

I collapse to the floor, putting my hands over my ears as I start to sob.

"Can you hear me? Can you hear me?" the scientist continues to repeat.

I ignore her. Her words seem to fade away, until I only see her shouting at me.

No! No! No! No! No! No! No! That wasn't me... was it? That couldn't have been me... It had to be someone else! No. I remember it... pretty clearly. Although I never remember it happening. What does all of this mean?! What is happening to me? Am I going insane?

I feel the scientist's hand touch my right shoulder.

"Who are you?" she asks me.

"Huh?" I ask.