16 - I can't be this way anymore!

"Get up," says the scientist.

"You don't have to say it like that, scientist 136!" says scientist 112.

I notice that I am in something that has walls around it, but the walls only go a few inches above the bottom.

I get out, as one of the sides is open.

"Hello," I say.

"Hello," replies scientist 136.

"Hello," says scientist 112.

"How are you?" I ask.

"I'm doing fine. What about you, scientist 136?" scientist 112 asks.

"I am doing fine as well. What about you?" scientist 136 asks, facing me.

"I'm doing fine. Thanks for asking," I reply.

"This is going good so far," says scientist 112.

"What has been going good?" I ask.

"Our conversation."

"Oh. Anyway, where are we?"

"We are somewhere else in testing. We had to bring you to this room because of your testing."

"That makes sense."

"You can go back the lounge now," she says.

"Alright," I say nodding my head.

I leave the room, feeling some sort of rage building up inside me.

I get on the transporter, trying to dismiss the rage. I think about other things instead, such as going to talk to my friends.

When I get to the lounge, I notice how busy it is. I guess I never noticed before how many people were here. I knew that plenty of other people would be in the lounge, but I guess I never really realized how many there actually was.

I look for one of my friends, but I don't see them. I sit down on a chair and watch everyone, in hope to see them.

Time goes by, and eventually we are all told to go to the Mess Hall. I hear the word everyone, and remember that it seems I am hearing things differently. I am angry at that fact, but I hide my anger.

While at meal 2, I don't sit next to any of my friends. I wanted to, but I couldn't find any of them. So I ate in silence, hoping to get to talk to my friends soon.

Soon after I am finished eating, we are all told to go to the lounge. I get up and put my tray in the correct place. I then take a transporter to the lounge.

In the lounge, I look for my friends again, but I don't see them. Eventually I find one of them.

"Hi!" I say to them.

"Hi..." she replies sadly.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"You went missing for days!" she says.

"Wait... I was missing for days?" I ask.

"Yes."

"My testing must have been really long."

"Yeah, it must have been. I'm sort of wondering what they were doing. Don't you wonder?"

"I guess," I say, as I'm not wondering that much what was happening during testing.

"How about we play a game? There's a fun game I want to show you."

"Alright."

She gets out the game and teaches me how to play.