12 - Friends

I hear an announcement that I have to go to testing. I get up and I leave my room. I go to the lounge and get into the transporter.

In the transporter, there is something with a bunch of words on it. The words are "Lounge," "Mess Hall," "Testing."

I touch testing. The transporter starts to move and then slow down. I exit.

"What is your number?" someone asks me.

"9536," I reply.

They open the door to testing for me.

"Follow me," the scientist says.

I follow her to a room.

"I will be taking your bandages off," she tells me.

"Understood."

She takes my bandages off.

"There. You can go back to your room."

"Wait," she says handing me a purple drink.

I take it from her and drink it. I then lay down.

"End program," she says.

"Get up. You can go back to your room," she tells me.

"Understood."

I take the transporter back to the lounge. I then walk back to my room. I sit down on the chair this time, doing nothing.

Eventually I hear an announcement that it is time for meal 3.

I get up and leave the room. I walk to the lounge and follow people that are walking over to the transporter. I notice that there are more transporters near that one. I go into an empty one and touch something that says Mess Hall. Soon I arrive at a place where a few people are walking to a room and I can hear many people talking inside. I walk into that room, as I assume it is the Mess Hall.

This looks just like the Mess Hall I would go to with the scientist, with the exception that there are many people here.

I receive my meal from a counter and look for a place to sit. I end up sitting at a table near the counter that has an open seat at the end.

"Hello," I say to the person next to me.

"Hello," they reply.

"Could we be friends?"

"Friends? NO WAY!"

"Why?"

"Sure. We can be friends. Of course we can," they say.

"Yay!"

She gives me a weird look.

"Yeah, whatever."

I continue to eat my food, thinking about the fact that I just made my first friend since I got my own room.

I hear an announcement that everyone has go to the lounge.

I copy what others are doing with their trays-putting it with a bunch of other trays one on top of the other.

I walk out of the Mess Hall and take a transporter to the lounge.

I look for my new friend, but I don't see them.

Where are they?

I decide to sit down on one of the chairs.

"Hello," someone says to me.

"Hello," I reply.

"Are you new?" they ask.