15 - I Trust Them

Once I arrive at testing, I follow the scientist to the testing room. She seems to be excited.

"Why are you excited?" I ask.

"I just am," she replies.

"Oh," I say.

In the testing room, she hands me a purple drink.

"Here, drink this."

I take it from her and drink it. Then I lay down on the bed. I fall asleep.

"End program," says the scientist.

I start hearing voices, but the scientist hasn't told me to get up yet.

"Do you think we are ready?" an unknown voice says.

"Yes. I think so," the scientist says.

"It's all been going good so far..." the unknown voice speaks again.

"I'm soooo excited! We've been working hard for this day!" says the scientist.

What are they talking about?

"It seems we will have a higher chance of success if she isn't in the program," says a second unknown voice.

"Why is that?" the scientist asks.

"I don't know. We can have the machine put her in the program," the second unknown voice says.

"I see. Let's do that then."

"Should we tell her to get up?" the first unknown voice says.

"Hmm..." says the scientist.

"Come on! It doesn't really matter that we are here, does it?"

"She doesn't know any other scientists."

"I say we should stay in here. It will not really matter. We are scientists like you. Although it's your decision," says the second unknown voice.

"Fine," says the scientist.

"I'll do it!" says the first unknown voice.

"No," says the scientist.

"What? She's being unfair! Don't you agree, scientist 112?" asks the unknown voice.

The second unknown voice, or scientist 112 says, "You never take things seriously. I'm surprised you're even a scientist. You should be a test subject. Or one of the people who work in the Mess Hall. Or one of the people who clean."

"What?" the unknown voice says.

"I'll do it. Get up," the scientist says to me.

I get up.

"Sit," says scientist 112.

I sit.

"Good. That works," says scientist 112.

"Hello. Why are all these people here?" I ask the scientist.

"Hello. You can stand if you want. They are here because of your testing," the scientist says.

"Oh."

"I would like you to follow us," says scientist 112.

"Understood," I reply.

"Actually. Drink this and lay down," says scientist 112 handing me a purple drink.

I lay down and then drink it. I fall asleep...