Chapter 10

So yay, I've finally hit the double digits on the chapters of this story! I'm so excited about it you'd be laughing if you could see my cheesy grin right now. Hahaha. 

I'm gonna be on vacation all next week and I'm not sure if I'll have internet or not while I'm gone. I hope so, because I'll miss wattpad if not! But I decided to hurry up and post a new chapter just in case I don't get another chance! :) So here it is!!

Also, thank you to everyone who has been praying for Logan. There hasn't been an update today yet, but as of last night, things were critical. I did find out today that his grandparents pulled Logan's little brothers out of school to go to the hospital. They were calling in all the family. :( So please keep praying for Logan... and for his family, too...

Katy's POV

The honeymoon was a dream. Jordan was a complete gentleman the entire trip--he held the door open for me, made sure I was okay and comfortable, and never did anything even slightly inappropriate or questionable. We never argued either.

Over the course of the trip, we did everything that I ever wanted to do on a vacation in the Caribbean. We went sightseeing around the island, went snorkling, swam in the sparkling blue oceans, took typical tourist pictures--everything! We also took advantage of everything The Crane had to offer, including, but not limited to, dining at expensive restaurants and massages at the spa. It was the epitome of perfection.

On our flight back into the US, Jordan and I both slept. We had enjoyed our "honeymoon" (which was not at all like most honeymoons) very much, but it was exhausting.

We had about an hour left of hour flight when I woke up. I noticed Jordan was still asleep so I did my best not to jostle him as I attempted to stretch. He looked adorable. He was in the window seat and he leaned up against it. His arms were crossed over his chest and his legs were tucked up against the wall. Yep, I had a very  nice looking husband, was my conclusion as I perused him.

I left someone brush up against my arm on the other side. I looked over, and the man who had been across the aisle from me had moved into the empty seat to my right. He appeared to be in his late twenties. He had short black hair and a dark tan. Altogether, he was very handsome.

"Hi there," he said. His words were colored by a British accent.

"Um, hey," I said. What does he want?

"The name's Jeffrey. Jeffrey Ladson. And you are?" he said, dark eyes boring into mine.

"I, um, I'm Katy Mc--I mean, Hall," I replied. I had almost forgotten to use my new last name! I was glad Jordan hadn't been awake to catch my slip-up. I'm sure he would've understood, though.

"You know," Jeffrey said, leaning in as though he were about to tell me a secret.

"I know....what?" I asked when he didn't finish his comment.

"You look a bit like my next girlfriend," he said. He winked flirtatiously.

"What?" I said. I hated pickup lines. Well, most of them. There were a few that were kind of cute, but they had to be used on the right occasion. If someone had said that to me before I was married and if I had been at a party or something, I might've laughed. But I was tired and that made me crabby. I gave him a look that I hoped shouted "That was so lame! Leave me alone. Go back to England!"

"You're gorgeous, I'm handsome. We go well together!" he said.

Wow. Full of yourself much?  I thought. I rolled my eyes. "I'm married," I said. I flashed my sparkling diamond rings as proof.

Jeffrey, who I had secretly dubbed 'Sir Snob' in my mind, sighed. "I guess the man to your left would be the lucky man to whom you are married?" he said.

"Yes, that's my husband," I replied. For the first time, I was completely comfortable about admitting my marital status, and I was glad I could use it against annoying, arrogant, conceited people like my new admirer. 

"Are you certain that you are happy with him? I could make you happier," he said.

"I'm more than satisfied," I replied in a tone that I hoped would insinuate that I wanted him to leave me alone.

"You're sure?" He tried again.

"Yes. Now if you'll excuse me," I said. I stood up and stepped over his legs into the aisle. I walked towards the back of the plane to the restroom, not glancing back once.

*****

Jordan continued to sleep through the whole flight. I woke him up when we landed  and we exited the plane together. 

"Uhhh," I groaned as we stepped into the sunlight. "I am so tired."

"Me too, wife," Jordan said. He was carrying most of our bags. "Come on, lets get the car."

"How are we getting the car? We came in a limo," I said curiously.

"Jamie and Mom brought it down here yesterday. My car is in the parking garage. I figured we'd rather drive back on our own than put up with either a taxi or questions from relatives," Jordan said, answering my question.

Gosh, he was so thoughtful! How in the world did I end up married, at eighteen, to one of the sweetest guys alive? So far I hadn't found anything wrong with him.

"Thanks," I said softly. "I appreciate that a lot."

"You're welcome," Jordan replied, looking straight ahead.

I wondered why he didn't look at me when he replied, but I pushed the thought from my mind, too tired to really ponder it.

*****

We got home a few hours later. It was our first night in our new house. Jordan took all of our bags up to the master bedroom while I made us some sandwhiches. "Turkey and mayo?" I asked. "No cheese?"

Jordan hollered back down the stairs to answer me. "Yup. Thanks."

"No problem," I said. I made our small dinner quickly. Jordan came back down the stairs sporting Nike gym shorts and a black Under Armour shirt. "Going somewhere?"

"Yeah, I was thinking I would go for a run after dinner. Care to join me?"" Jordan said.

I laughed. I was far too tired to even consider running. "Nah, I'll just hang out here."

"Okay," he replied.

We ate our sandwhiches in silence, then Jordan left to go for his run.

Sorry this is so short....hope you enjoyed this little bit that I was able to write!! XOXO.