You smiled and laughed slightly, walking downstairs into the kitchen.

"Breakfast is done." Carol said, as you sat at the island.

"I have to go to the clinic, so, I have to hurry." You said, taking a bite out of your toast.

"You sure you want to go, after what you told me last night? Do you really want to put yourself in that position again?" She whispered.

Last night, you told Carol about how your father abused you; mentally, emotionally, and most of all physically. She, then, proceeded to tell you about her husband. How he did the same to her.

"I told you that, because, you didn't give me a choice. Not so you could persuade me not to live my life. I'm stronger than what I was before." You said, taking a swig of your juice.

"I know that, but, what if he decides to do it again. Rick, Daryl, they won't be there to save you." She said, looking at you.

"I'm fine. I promise. If he does it again, I will come home and tell Rick." You said, getting up from the table and walking out the front door.

-

A couple hours passed, Pete still hasn't come in for his shift. Therefore, technically, that was a good thing. There really wasn't much to do anyways. You just kept checking Tara's vitals all day.

Every so often, her fingers would tremble. However, it would just be due to her adrenaline, from the medicine Pete had prescribed.

Around lunchtime, there was a knock at the door. You walked to the door and opened it. "Rick? What are you doing here?" You asked, letting him in.

"I just wanted to check on you. Carol told me you went to work, even after, she said that it wasn't smart." He said, looking at you.

"I'm not scared, Rick. I can't be. Scared people die." You said, walking into Tara's room.

"Just be careful, okay?" He said, grabbing your arm, gently.

"Okay." You said, looking into his blue eyes. It was silent for a minute, then, he let go of your arm.

"I've gotta go check on Jessie." He said, walking to the door.

"You be careful, okay?" You said. He looked back and gave you a small smile.

-

The whole day you've been alone in the clinic. You decided to end early. You walked out of the clinic and locked the door behind you. You heard screaming and saw people running. "What in hell?" you said, aloud.

You started to walk down the street. You saw Rick and Pete, in the middle of the road, fighting. They were choking each other. Jessie tried to pull Pete off of Rick, but, just got smacked down. You stood next to Carl, trying to hold him back.

He broke free, and went to pull Rick off, "Dad! Get off!" Rick pushed him away. He fell down. You walked to him and helped him up.

Deanna ran down the street, "Stop it! Stop it right now!" She said, as Rick was choking Pete.

"You touch them again and I'll kill you." Rick said, still on Pete.

"Damn it, Rick! I said stop." Deanna yelled.

Three men stepped towards Rick. "Or what? You gonna kick me out?" He said, pulling out a gun, pointing it at them.

"Rick, put the gun away." You said, calmly behind him, in front of Carl and the girl he was with.

He panted and lowered the gun, slightly, "You still don't get it. None of you do. We know what needs to be done and we do it. We're the ones who live. You, you just sit and plan and hesitate. You pretend like you know what you don't. You wish things weren't what they are. Well, you want to live? You want this place to stay standing? Your way of doing things is done. Things don't get better because you—you want them to. Starting right now, we have to live in the real world. We have to control who lives here." Rick said to Deanna, pointing the gun at Pete.

"That's never been more clear to me, than it is right now." Deanna said.

"Me? Me? You—"Rick laughed. "You mean—you mean me? Your way is gonna destroy this place. It's gonna get people killed. It's already gotten people killed. And I'm not gonna stand by and just let it happen. If you don't fight, you die. I'm not gonna stand by—"Rick said, as Michonne knocked him out, with a right hook to the jaw. His body fell flat to the ground. -

~~~~

Don't be a silent reader! VOTE/COMMENT/SUGGEST/SHARE

-Thanks, Shaide<3

UPDATED 12/28/15 at 4.02PM