The Distance (S05E11) Part 2

Start from the beginning

Aaron spoke up, "No one is going to hurt you. You're trying to protect your group, but you're putting them in danger."

"Tell me where the camp is, we'll leave right now." Rick said. Aaron shook his head. Rick nodded and looked back, "it's going to be a long night. Eat. Get some rest if you can." He said, walking out of the barn.

You could tell the whole group was rather pissed at him. Michonne decided it was a good idea to follow him. You watched as she followed him out, and the whole room became less tense.

-

At sundown, you'd loaded up the cars and traveled North 23. The white car with Michonne, Rick, Glenn and Aaron drove ahead of the RV with the rest of the group.

The drive was a very uncomfortable silence. You sat next to Daryl in silence, until you looked ahead. The car had run into a pack of walkers. They slid right into them. Aaron was telling the truth, but as usual, Rick didn't listen.

There was thousands of them. There was no way the RV could get through. "Holy Shit!" Abraham said, slamming on the brakes. He took a sharp U-turn and turned the truck around. "There's no way in hell. We'll just have to take the long way around." He continued.

Rosita took out a map out of the console and opened it up, instructed Abraham, "Take the next left."

He took the next left, and the road was CLEAR, except for a few. He drove down a road, 16, where you should've gone to begin with.

The drive was a little longer, until you saw a flare. "What was that?" Rosita said.

"There could be someone in trouble." Carl stated.

-

You got to a warehouse and there was a man there, Eric, he was hurt. You patched him up and let him rest inside.

Daryl walked outside and kept lookout for the rest of your people while, you stayed with the man.

After a couple of minutes, there was a knock at the door, signaling that the rest of the group had been reunited with you.

"Eric? Eric? ... Eric?" You could hear Aaron's voice, panicked from outside.

You looked at the man, "In here." He shouted to him.

"Eric?" Aaron said, again. "I'm okay. It's like a volleyball injury. It's a broken ankle. At least that's what (Y/N) said. I like her." Eric said, lifting up his hand as you stood up from beside him, walking out of the room.

You saw Rick rush into the room. You placed a hand on Rick's chest. "Calm down." He looked at you and huffed. "Just give them a minute." You continued.

He did as he was told, then you let him go. He walked into the room, and you walked out to find Daryl.

-

"Excuse me. Excuse me. Everyone. Thank you. You saved Eric. I owe you. All of you. And I will make sure that debt is paid in full, when we get to our community. When we get to Alexandria. Now, I'm not sure about you, but I'd rather not do anymore driving tonight. Maybe we can hit the road tomorrow morning." Aaron said, after walking into the room.

"That sounds fine. But, if we're staying here for the night, you're sleeping over there." Rick said behind him.

"You really think we got to do that?" Maggie asked.

"It's the safe play. We don't know you." Rick said, looking at Aaron.

"The only way you're gonna stop me from being with him right now is by shooting me." Aaron said, before a brief silence. He stepped forward, as Glenn stepped forward.

"Rick, he told us where the camp is. And he really was only traveling with one other person. They're both unarmed. One of them's got a broken ankle. I want us to be safe, too. I can:t give up everything else. I know what I said, but it doesn't matter." Glenn told Rick.

Rick took a step back, "Alright," He said to Aaron.

-

The next morning at the literal asscrack of dawn, you hopped into the RV and took the correct route to this New Community.

You had to admit to yourself, you were somewhat nervous. You saw that everyone was too, so it didn't make you feel as bad.

Eugene snapped you out of your thoughts when he said to Maggie, "Seven-card Stud. Stares and Squares. It's aces, cuatros, neeners, and two-eyes jacks."

"So there's 14 wild cards? Are you serious?" Tara asked.

"Serious, as two copulating dogs." Eugene said.

"Abraham. Look. Eyes on the road, champ." Rosita said.

You sat up straight and saw the Washington Monument. It was still standing. They had finally made it to DC, technically.

"How much longer we got?" Abraham said.

"Looks like we're a little over halfway there. Why?" Rosita asked.

Abraham nodded, "We can make it." He huffed. "We can make it."

-

Not even 5 minutes later, the RV started sputtering. "We can make it. Your words, Abraham." You mocked him.

He scoffed at you and got out of the RV. You all walked to the front of the RV, where Glenn was looking at the engine. Abraham punched the vehicle, "Can't win. Might as well paint it red, put a ladder on it."

Glenn stepped away, "All we need is another battery."

"Where the hell are we gonna find another battery?" He shot.

Glenn walked around, and put his hand on Abraham's shoulder, "Right over here."

Glenn lifted up a door in the RV. "How'd you know those were there?" Abraham asked.

He smiled, "Come on."

-

After he fixed the RV, you were on the road again. Within no time, you were already riding up to their gates. Inside you felt a mixture of happy and terrified. You sat beside Daryl in the RV and looked at him. He had the same expression as you did. You grabbed his hand and squeezed it, slightly.

You all got out of your vehicles and walked towards the gate. -

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't be a silent Reader! VOTE/SHARE/COMMENT/SUGGEST

-Thanks, Shaide <3

UPDATED 12/27/15 at 11.57PM