The Distance (S05E11) Part 1

Start from the beginning

As you, Daryl and Carol tied his hands behind his back, Maggie told Rick, "Me and Sasha didn't see him. If he had wanted to hurt us, he could've."

"Anybody see anything?" Rick said, ignoring her.

"Just a lot of places to hide." Glenn said, looking out a window.

"All right, keep looking." Rick commanded.

You put a cold cloth on his face, as he began to wake up. He groaned and said, "That's a hell of a right-cross there, Rick."

"Sit him up." Rick commanded.

"I think it's better if—"you said. Aaron cut you off, "It's okay."

"He's fine. Sit him up." Rick said, irritated. You and Michonne complied.

He groaned, "You're being cautious. I completely understand."

"How many of your people are out there? You have a flare gun. You have it to signal your people. How many of them are there?" Rick asked.

Aaron sighed, "Does it matter?"

"Yes. Yes, it does." Rick said,

"I mean, of course, it matters how many people are actually out there, but, does it matter how many people I tell you are out there? Because I'm pretty sure no matter what number I say—eight, 32, 444, zero—no matter what I say, you're not going to trust me." Aaron said, calmly.

"Well, it's hard to trust anyone who smiled, after getting punched in the face." Rick said.

"How about a guy who leaves bottles of water for you in the road?" Aaron said. The group looked at each other. He's been following the group for a while. You looked at Daryl; he knew exactly what you meant.

"How long you people been following us?" Daryl said, walking forward.

"Long enough to see that you practically ignore a pack of roamers on your trail. Long enough to see that despite a lack of food and water, you never turned on each other. You're survivours and you're people. Like I said, and I hope you won't punch me for saying it again, that is the most important resource in the world." Aaron said, as the barn went silent.

Rick walked towards him, "How many others are out there?"

"One." Rick shook his head. "I knew you wouldn't believe me. If it's not words, if it's not pictures, what would it take to convince you that this is for real? What if I drove you to the community? All of you? We leave now; we'll get there by lunch."

"I'm not sure how the 16 of us are going to fit the car you and your one friend drove down here in." Rick said.

Aaron shook his head, "We drove separately. If we found a group, we wanted to be able to bring them all home. There's enough room for all of us."

"And you're parked just a couple miles away, right?" Carol asked.

"East on Ridge road, just after you hit Route 16. We wanted to get closer, but then the storm came, blocked the road. We couldn't clear it."

"Yeah, you've really thought this through." Rick said.

"Rick, if I wanted to ambush you, I'd do it here. You know, light the barn on fire while you slept, pick you off, as you ran out the exit. You can trust me." Aaron said, before an uncomfortable moment of silence.

Michonne stepped forward, "I'll check out the cars."

"There aren't any cars." Rick said, looking at Aaron.

"There's only one way to find out." Michonne said. "We don't need to find out." "We do. You know what you know and you're sure of it, but I'm not."

Maggie spoke up, "Me neither."

"Rick shook his head, "Your way is dangerous, mine isn't."

"Passing up someplace where we can live? Where Judith can live? That's pretty dangerous. We need to find out what this is. We can handle ourselves. So that's what we're gonna do." Michonne said, confidently.

Glenn huffed, "Then I will, too. I'll go."

Rick looked at him, "Abraham." He called, implying that he wanted him to go with them.

"Yeah. I'll walk with them." Abraham said, standing beside a wall.

"Rosita?" Rick asked. She nodded, "Okay."

"If there's trouble, you got enough firepower?" Rick asked Glenn. "We got what we got."

Rick took out Aaron's gun and handed it to Glenn.

Daryl walked over to Aaron and picked him up. "The walkies are out of juice. If you're not back in 60 minutes, we'll come. Which might be just what they want." Rick said to them before they went out the door. "If we're all in here, we're a target."

"We've got the area covered. Come on." Daryl said, before grabbing your arm, gently, walking out the door. -

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be a silent reader! VOTE/COMMENT/SUGGEST/SHARE

-Thanks, Shaide <3

UPDATED 12/27/15 at 11.40PM