Chapter 24 - Wine

*Present*

*Niall's POV*

"So that's how I got to know that she's my cousin", I say looking at everyone.

Everyone was silent. 

Harry breaks the silence and asks " did you feel bad when you found out that Vida is your cousin? "

" No, I was happy, I never had feelings for her and I will never because she's my bestie, even though, I didn't know her for a long time, she's closer to me than my other cousins and I can share anything I want with her. She does that too. But she never told me about Liam ", I say. 

" That's cute", says Ric.
"Does Liam know about this?", says Ritu.
" No, I don't think he knows ", I say.
" What if he finds out?", says Ritu.
"It doesn't matter, you guys know about it too", I say.

*Kevin's outhouse*

*Liam's POV*

God! I just don't know what to do. It's almost time for dinner, I'm hungry.
" Vida!", I say. 

"Yeah?", she says. 

"Aren't you feeling hungry? We haven't eaten anything, after lunch", I say moving close to her.  "I'm feeling hungry, but right now, I just want to ignore the thought that I'm hungry.", she says.

Kevin suddenly opens the door and comes in with two plates in one hand. He locks the door to make sure we don't run away. He comes towards us and unties the rope.

" Here is the dinner for you two. You guys are free to use this house as much as you want. There are some snacks in the cupboard", he says pointing towards the cupboard. 

"But I don't believe you two, so I got this", he says showing handcuffs.

" Please, don't do this, I don't want to stay handcuffed with him", says Vida.

 "Well! You don't have a choice Ms Vida", he says putting the handcuff to my left hand and her right hand. 

" And there is some wine, you guys can have it ", he says closing the door and locking it.

" I don't think you need to ignore the thought now! Besides, you need to be thankful for what you have", I say pointing my index finger towards myself.
"I'm thankful for what I have now!", she says pointing towards the food. 

" Why did you tell him not to handcuff you with me?", I ask. 

"Because I don't want to be handcuffed with you", she says.
" Why?", I ask going closer to her.
"I don't know, I just don't want to", she says trying to move away. 

"Ok! let's have dinner", I say. 

" Let's see what we have", she says. 

"Chinese!! Not bad! But before that, let's have some wine", I say.

" No, I don't want and I don't think it's a good idea Liam ", she says. 

" Why?", I ask.

"Because I remember the last time what happened when you were drunk", she says. 

" What did I do the last time I was drunk?", I ask.

"You stood up on the table in your house and started singing loudly, after singing, you fell and sprained your ankle. The next day morning, I came to your house and found you on the floor", she says. 

" Yeah! I remember that and how did you get the keys? ", I ask.

 " I broke the window of your house", she says. 

"And I didn't know about it", I ask.
"Nope! I'm sorry", she says keeping her head on my shoulder. 

"I want to give you a hug but this is the only way I can hug you, right now", she says.

I chuckle.

"Fine! I'm forgiving you only because you hugged me", I say. 

She chuckles.

We decide to have dinner. After dinner when we were washing plates, I quickly grabbed the wine bottle and keep it at the table near the bed which was beside the counter.

Vida was busy cleaning and she didn't realise what I was doing. We go to the bedroom area. It had a small light and a small bed. So, it was obvious that we had to sleep together.

 She lied down on the bed.

"Good night, Liam!", she says before she slept.

"Good night, Vida", I say.

 After she slept, I grabbed the wine bottle and started drinking.

 It was amazing.

*Vida's POV*

I was sleeping peacefully. When I heard Liam whisper in my ear, " Vida wake up"

I open my eyes and find Liam's hand on my shoulder. I wake up and find an empty wine bottle on the bed. 

Oh my God! Did Liam drink?
"What? Liam?", I ask, annoyed.

" Why did you do that to me?", he says. 

"What did I do to you, Liam?", I ask. 

" You.. know. Very well", he says. He was drunk. 

"What did I do?", I ask. 

" You! Always spend time with Niall, Louis, Harry, but not with me? Why?", he says.

He keeps his hand on mine. 

"Liam! It's nothing like that! You're my best friend, did you forget that", I ask.

" Really? I'm you're best friend? ", he says sarcastically.

" Then why do you push me way, all the time?", he asks.

"Liam, I spent more time with you this weekend than with Niall, he is also my best friend.", I say. "Really? I don't think so, I think you like Niall", he says. 

" Liam! It's nothing like that, I love to spend time with you, and Niall can never be my boyfriend", I say intertwining my fingers with his.

"Why", he asks. 

" I can't tell you the reason ", I say. 

"Then, how can I believe you?", he asks.

" Liam! I don't need to prove to anyone that I like Niall or not, especially to the person I have feelings for", I say. 

He looked confused.

"Did you just say that you like me?", he asks. 

" No", I lie. 

"Then.....", he says moving closer to me.

" You deserve this", he says kissing me on the cheek. 

"What was that for?", I ask. 

" For being...", he says falling on my lap. 

He passed out. Great! I should sleep sitting up against the wall now.