Chapter 23 - She's, my cousin!

*Ritu's POV*

The last sentence I heard from Niall was "She is, my cousin"

What? Vida is Niall's cousin? What the hell?
Everyone was shocked. 

" Did you just say that Vida is your cousin? ", I ask.
" Yeah", Niall says.

"HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?", asks Louis with his eyes wide open.
" Why can't it be possible? ", asks Niall.
" I mean, how is that possible? She is Indian and you are Irish", says Harry. 

"I think he's kidding", says Louis. 

"What? No", says Niall. 

" Guys, we are cousins and I'm not joking, she is half-Indian and half- Irish. Her mom is Irish and her dad is Indian and she was born in India and when she was around 9 years' old, they moved to London. I got to know that she was my cousin on the first day of her job", Niall says. 

" How did you get to know that on the first day of her job, we all were with her the whole day", Louis says. 

"Let me tell you what happened that day", Niall says.

*Flashback*

*Vida's first day of job*

*Vida's POV*

This is so exciting, the first day of my job, I was given my first assignment, it's a simple one, it's to spend time with the boys because we have to get to know each other to work well with each other. 

 I go to the apartment where all the boys live, in the management car. 

I go to the main door and ring the bell. I wasn't nervous. 

As soon as Louis opens the door, I could feel butterflies in my stomach.

 I hope I don't get nervous. I was carrying my camera bag along with me.

 " Hi! You must be our new photographer, Vida, right?", he says. 

"Hi Louis, it's nice to meet you", I say,

" Nice to meet you too", he says hugging me and letting me inside the house. It was huge.

"So, you spoke to Niall on phone last night?", he asks.
" Yeah! I did, it was his idea to bring me here and spend time with you guys", I say. 

"Hey! Look who's here!!", says Niall.
" Hi!" I say hugging him, I felt like we were acting as if we knew each other for many years.
"Hi! Vida, how are you?", he says.
" I'm fine, what about you?", I ask. 

"Great as ever!", he says.

Harry and Liam walk in.

" Guys! She is Vida, our new photographer, she is going to work with us from now!", says Niall.

"Hi, Vida! It's a pleasure meeting you", says Liam as he hugs me. 

" It's a pleasure meeting you too", I say, shyly. 

"Hi Vida, I'm Harry and it's nice to meet you", Harry says. 

" I know who you are Harry, and it's nice to meet you too", I say. 

"So, tell us something about yourself", says Louis. 

I wasn't expecting that question to come up.

"Well! I'm 21, I'm from India and I love to travel", I say. 

" Why do you love to travel?", says Louis. 

"It's a stupid question", says Niall.

" I'd love to answer it, travelling is something which I always loved to do, because you can explore a lot and I can click a lot of pictures ", I say.
" Good one!", says Louis.

Liam smiled at me. 

"And I love One Direction as well!", I say.
"We love ourselves too", says Louis.

Everyone chuckles.

"We love Vida too", says Niall.
"It's not even been ten minutes since we met and you guys love me already?", asks Vida.
"Yeah!", say all of them in unison.

"Alright! I've planned a few things out of which a photoshoot today and everyone must be a part of it", says Niall.
" Yes! I got my camera ", I say.
" So the plan is...", starts Niall when Louis interrupts and says, "what's the fun if we go according to your so-called plan, let's do everything without planning". 

" That sounds more fun", says Liam.
"Fine! Let me tell you everything about myself first", says Niall looking at me.
" It's fine, Niall I know everything about you guys, there are perks you're kinda famous", I say.

Niall chuckles. 

"Now! Let's start the shoot", says Louis.

 We begin the photo shoot, it was so much fun. We were laughing like crazy people, sometimes.

 Niall fell when Louis came and pushed him and sometimes Louis fell because Niall pushed him.

 I took a lot of pictures of them. 

Liam took my camera in the middle and started clicking my pictures with the other boys. 

Harry was caring and made sure, I was alright the whole time. 

I was overwhelmed by being around them, but what worse could happen, right?

*Niall's POV*

I was tired because of the photoshoot. 

I go and sit on the couch when Vida's phone starts ringing, it was on the top of her bag. It was her mom, I take a closer look at the picture of her mom, she looked familiar. 

Did I see this person somewhere? 

" Vida your mom is calling ", I say, loudly.

" Thanks, Niall", she says taking the phone from my hand.

I try to remember, she looks so familiar. 

Wait! That was my dad's sister, Briana. Who lives here in London? 

Wait! Does this mean Vida is my cousin? 

What the-

I need to tell Vida. 

She comes back with a smile and tells "my mom called telling some cousin of mine works with you guys", 

 " Did she mention his name", I ask. 

"Yeah! Some Niall", she says, casually.

 "She also said we didn't meet him much and I never met him because, he lived in Ireland and I lived in India and then I shifted to London, but my mom said I met him when he was 2 years old", she says.

"Hmm...really?", I say.

She was quiet for a second.
" Wait! You're the only Niall here right?", she asks. 

"Yeah", I say. 

" OK!", she says turning around. 

 It's confirmed, she is my cousin! 

"Wait!", she says turning towards me again. 

"You are the only Niall over here! It means you are my....cousin???", she says.

She gasps.

 " Yeah!", I say softly.

"Hey guys what's wrong?", asks Liam, interrupting.

" Nothing ", she and I say in unison.
" Vida! You stopped the shoot in the middle, are you coming back?", asks Liam.
" I'll come back, just give me a minute", she says. 

Liam goes away.

" Ok! Niall! I know it's awkward, we met only today and we got to know we're cousins, it's awkward, so let's not tell the boys about this, please!", she says. 

"Yeah! I agree with you, let's not tell them", I say.

" By the way how's Aunt Briana?", I ask.

 " She is fine", she says as she got up from the couch.

 We go back to the shoot.